• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Pilot's Love Song (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh so there's still another episode left. Interesting.

Episode 12:
Wait, so Ignacio is a spoiler[tsundere]?! What.
The latest episode was okay I guess, almost felt like a finale for some reason though. The ending few minutes of the episode were beautiful imo. The spectrum of the spoiler[End of the Sky is something I'm sure those pilots will never forget in their life time.]

@Merida.
I think it was just deep sisterly feelings, most likely. But I think her finding out what Kal felt got her curiosity out of her chest at last. [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12 being ending, and ep13 being epilogue, I figure. This was pretty cool but I can't shake the feeling they dumped about 5 eps of budget into the spoiler[veil and the cherry blossoms]. My cat hit my space bar when the 4 higher-ups were watching the aurora and Faust's dad's face sent me laughing.

I'm very glad Claire spoiler[didn't choose to stay with Superman]. That would've really pissed me off. The events gave her the strength to spoiler[go hang out with the backwater barbarian Sky Clan and their dishonourable "superior technology" and "tactics." for the good of everyone]. Watch the Sky Clan be a massive theatre troupe and they wanted Claire for her special effects and pro costuming skills. Every actor I know (LOL all 2) would love the ability to shed costume and makeup in a single motion.

spoiler["Her plane is leaving in 30 minutes."
and dirty me think in Kal voice "That's plenty of time. Shame I won't be there to see my kid be born though."

Now is the time for Incognito to move in and steal Claire]
. If only he could be truthful with his feelings. Poor incognito tsundere.

But yeah, all in all this was ok. The show had a journey and while the journey was made of Monterrey Jack it was still fairly fun. Let's see if the spoiler[epilogue] takes off or shoots it down.
Elbirotazo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I have found myself loving "toaru hikushi e no koiuta" and the prevous movie "toaru hikushi e no tsuioku". Sadly the información on the other two series of this universe "toaru hikushi yasoukyoku" (two LN and finished) and "toaru hikushi e no seiyaku" (currently ongoing), have little informaction available.

Sooo... I decided to put this post in order to find out more...

Thanks.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

So they flew all that way and lost all those lives spoiler[just so they could crash their cool floating island into some sort of magical barrier]? I guess it was pretty, but spoiler[how many were actually able to enjoy it all]? And how much spoiler[fuel do they have left]?

Maybe I am just nit-picking.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
What in the world happened to the budget in this episode?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12

So they flew all that way and lost all those lives spoiler[just so they could crash their cool floating island into some sort of magical barrier]? I guess it was pretty, but spoiler[how many were actually able to enjoy it all]? And how much spoiler[fuel do they have left]?

We, Human are willing to sacrifice alot of lives to go somewhere that we haven't been to.
It's normal. This is just what we do. How many lives do we lost so far for travel to different places by sea, land or air. Millions?

How many lives do we lost for trying to go to space?
yeah, we can';t live in Earth forever or human will go extinct.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

Short rant ahead: spoiler[was that odd swing scene supposed to mean that Ariel had more than sisterly feelings for Kal? Please tell me i misinterpreted it...if not: can't there be just one anime where two people not related by blood grow up with each other and none of them develops romantic feelings for the other?!Rolling Eyes]

AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Did you guys really not pick out that Ariel had been spoiler[showing signs of jealousy about over how close Clair and Kal-el were getting]? I thought it was pretty obvious that things were brewing from when spoiler[she was surprised that Kal-el would choose to team up with Clair]. And you guys are saying that it was only spoiler[the swings] that did it?
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did you guys really not pick out that Ariel had been spoiler[showing signs of jealousy about over how close Clair and Kal-el were getting]? I thought it was pretty obvious that things were brewing from when spoiler[she was surprised that Kal-el would choose to team up with Clair]. And you guys are saying that it was only spoiler[the swings] that did it?

If there were "signs" like that my mind chose to ignore them because i wanted to believe the show would not use this trite cliché for once...but in hindsight that was probably naive since they were using every other stupid cliché. Now i'm just waiting for Ignacio to announce that he's always been in love with Claire... Rolling Eyes
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I am confused by 2 things in this episode.

1. Chiharu said she was not surprised by the Claire revelation because she also was hiding her true identity. What? When did this happen and what is her true identity?

2. Why the hell did they crash spoiler[Isla into the rainbow lights?] What was the point of that???????

Merida wrote:

Short rant ahead: spoiler[was that odd swing scene supposed to mean that Ariel had more than sisterly feelings for Kal? Please tell me i misinterpreted it...if not: can't there be just one anime where two people not related by blood grow up with each other and none of them develops romantic feelings for the other?!Rolling Eyes]

For real I hated that they took that route. I was even praising this show for not doing this cliche a few episodes ago in that hospital scene.....

Iganacio didn't get cut off in the episode preview. Death flag anyone?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the floating island thing I think it was intended to only be able to fly in the direction of their destination which is why they couldn't turn it around. I don't remember any point they were able to control it. It still seems kind of stupid since it doesn't make sense how they were able to make it fly like that in the first place if they couldn't control it but............bah I don't know why i'm even trying with this show anymore Laughing
Elbirotazo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12

That's exactly wath i was thinking, who in their rigth mind, would pay for an adventure that end so stupid, many loves lost, so much monkey invested and all for a light show?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
since everyone believed it would be a one way trip from the very beginning, spoiler[Isla disintegrating] doesn't really seem like a big deal.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode #12 makes no sense.

spoiler[Why the Wind girl thinks that if she does not leave flying island then it will be destroyed? She is the messiah for that "Sky Clan", so there is no way they would attack her island. Besides, even if that Sky Clan was insane and would want to kill their messiah along with devastating the flying island, then Wind girl could make it impossible by controlling winds around it.] So, as it always happens with cheap (double nonsense) developments, they turn story into fake to artificially create drama out of nothing.

Also, what was the point spoiler[with destroying perfectly fine flying island by crashing it against Aurora Borealis?] Makes no sense at all, just as whole campaign from very beginning.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
It was my impression that running the island spoiler[into the rainbow barrier returned the island to where it came from and opened the barrier so that the End of the Sky is no longer the End. Now humans can expand across the planet.] Yay, I guess. But I could be completely wrong. I really haven't been paying close attention to this.

In order to evacuate everyone first, which they needed to do since once they released the chains the island was going home whether people were on it or not, they needed to make peace with the Sky Clan so they wouldn't kill everyone while or after they evacuated. spoiler[Sending Claire to them allowed that to happen. Sure, the Sky Clan could have reneged, but doing so wouldn't have gained them anything, and it would have lost her goodwill. You don't want to lose the goodwill of someone who can probably wipe you out with the wind. And it's much easier for her to bring the sides together instead of at an uneasy truce if she's there talking to them, than communicating by envoys.] Basically peace is better than war, for all sides.

@WhiteHairGirls: I didn't understand what Chiharu meant about her identity either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12