• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Pilot's Love Song (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13/Finale:

This was a bit underwhelming imo as the ending was a bit ambiguous. spoiler[We didn't even get to see Claire in the latest episode although that might of been her voice in the winds. I think the finale was trying to wrap up everything but giving the audience a view on what most of the recruits went off after the battles. I don't recall see Iganico in the episode btw]...what.

Still, Ari made spoiler[quite the highlight this episode with her words and that punch to Kal in the stomach.] Ouch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
10/10 for being so unapologetically cheesy that it was almost impressive, 6/10 overall.

Is it just me or did spoiler[everyone look kind of...out of proportion als "grown-ups"?] Well, i'm gonna miss Ignacio's previews, i suppose...Laughing

But i wonder if that was really supposed to be spoiler[the end or a setup for another season... ]
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
No, there will be no second season. Even this series was an expanded light novel -- for which there was original feature animated film back in 2011.

Authors changed and expanded the novel in a way that made whole story profoundly nonsensical.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, forget everything I said before. I couldn't even understand their 3D rendering of what was going on, and it looks like Max and everybody else was absolutely right. Everything they did was for no reason, and everything they're about to do off camera would have been unnecessary if they'd just stayed home in the first place, since nothing was accomplished except losing real estate and their storm goddess. Hell of an expensive vacation...
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
No, there will be no second season. Even this series was an expanded light novel -- for which there was original feature animated film back in 2011.

Authors changed and expanded the novel in a way that made whole story profoundly nonsensical.

No, this is not an expanded Princess and the Pilot. This is a separate light novel series set in the same universe. As are his next two series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

Thoughts on the finale, I could not help but notice how little animation there is, I can't remember if it was a problem in other episodes, but here it was incredibly common to just be watching scenes or crowds that simply did not move. And yes this was so cheesy, there is a feeling I have ben having through the series that this is like one of those older anime that were up to the top with cheese. And they did seem to want to show that the characters had gotten older, Kal looked strangely larger, and I noticed that Ariel's butt seemed to stick out more than I remembered.

Also, there was so much left unanswered, like really ambiguous that Ariel felt like the most fulfilled character arc, and yet the main part of that is that she spoiler[cannot express her feeling to Kal]. The least we could have had would be a spoiler[reunion, but no we did not get the reunion of the couple] that had me somewhat enjoying the series. And we found out that apparently spoiler[the dorm lady was a spy], like why would you do that?

I rate it Decent, I did not waste my time with the series, I was rarely infuriated, and as I said I kind of liked the whole romance thing. But honestly there is a lot wrong with this series and I was not quite entirely fulfilled. Still cut some slack from being awful though, it was genuinely interesting, and the drama was pretty good. Cheesy and easy to make fun of, but felt like it was not too serious that it could take the hits and roll. Nothing special about songs, but I think that both OP and ED were good at setting tone.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
So some guys were playing Ground Zeroes in the next room and when spoiler[Kal was flying off into the wind], I head a "You're leaving the mission area." So that killed whatever emotional attachment I might have, but most likely wouldn't have had, to that scene.

I think it was okay enough that I'm glad I saw it but I'd be hesitant about taking in any more stuff in this universe that they happen to animate. Despite me really living it when they explained how the world was, I get the feeling that they'll never go as in-depth into their setting as I'd like them to.

I can think of one or maybe two people I can recommend this to, so it's not a total loss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12