• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
Why does that matter? Its not like its need to be well-liked by everybody to be good.

Actually, I'd reverse that statement: It's not like anything needs to be good to be well-liked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
rederoin wrote:
Why does that matter? Its not like its need to be well-liked by everybody to be good.

Actually, I'd reverse that statement: It's not like anything needs to be good to be well-liked.

I'd say it goes both ways, at least for my personal tastes. I think a lot of things are well liked and not good, and a lot of things are good and not well liked, and vice versa both ways.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha: The first episode was smooth enough for me to see the second one, but that second one is where things went bad. Lack of attention to detail made writing very lousy:
spoiler[1. When blond girl fell ill, main heroine ran off to sport auditorium of the school to scream about it, instead of going to infirmary -- why the hell is that?
2. As it turned out, super important game of her love boy got cancelled because of it -- why the hell is that (I know: to move the story forward)?
3. Goddess which gave part of her powers to main heroine was given punishment by marrying to one of monster gods, but the girl behaved as if her passing test all of sudden cancels punishment for goddess -- even though this could be implied, it is weird because gods are not allowed to share their power, and performance of the girl should have nothing to do with punishment that goddess got;
4. When girl came to heaven after failing the test, the goddess says "I am glad you are safe", even though it was known from very beginning that the girl was always safe and not in danger, according to supreme goddess -- makes no sense.]

Lots of such little nonsense is sign of lack of respect for the audience; I hate that.

Verdict: done.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Zvezda: after two episodes:
+some art of imagination
+rich textures, great palette
+good music
+Russian words for names is cute in good way

-annoying smoking of one of the characters (EDIT: the beginning of the third episodes satisfies me to no end; my hatred for smoking matches only to that)
-belly hunger sounds (I know no one supposed to complain about this, but I will)
-"bad cook" joke, but it turned out for better

Verdict: as you see, for now, there are no major complaints at all; I agree with Theron that this show is definitely worthy of watching.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
The biggest sins of anime:
1) monster/case of the week formula instead of real developing story through episodes;
2) annoying abusive female characters;
3) annoying angry male characters.

#1 is illness of Hamatora, Space Dandy, Nobunagun (in various degrees of badness).

#2 is illness of Zvezda (though not as bad as it could be).

#3 is illness of Buddy Complex and The Pilot's Love Song. Both are beaten to death, dead end cliche shows, so it is not unexpected, but it does not make this stupidity any less annoying.
wheemz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
Noragami so far is really good! But I would like to see more chemical happening between Yato and Hiyori! The anime is really nicely drawn and the story is captivating too~! Yukine is really cute~!!! I would like to see more bromance between Yato and Yukine~!!!!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
wheemz, winter is over.

Please read our policy on necroposting.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 47 of 47