• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Marika is love, Marika is life.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that bothers me a bit is, like most shows of its type, Chitoge was the one being unreasonable and yet somehow it was all Raku's fault and he's the only one who needed to apologise.

Not as bad in this case as at least Chitoge calls herself an idiot.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
It's really not unreasonable to not want to be around a guy who has hurt your feelings, sir. Let me tell you. >_>

Back to Marika...can anyone identify her accent when she gets angry? (I'm normally too busy laughing to listen properly.) Is it Osakan or just tomboyish?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
wiki says it's a Kyushu accent
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
It's really not unreasonable to not want to be around a guy who has hurt your feelings, sir. Let me tell you. >_>

It is when what he said wasn't much different than usual, and she says the same sort of things back to him all the time. I get that her feelings were hurt, but instead of, ya know, telling him that she was acting all pissy when he showed concern for her, and then there's that slap. She owes him an apology too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
One eppie to go. Thank God.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Opps my bad, I didn't mean retaliate. I meant at least defend himself and use force if necessary. Animegomnaic made it sound like guys should never hit girls no matter the circumstances.

In romantic comedies and my personal enjoyment of them; "Chivalry" may or may not be dead in real life but reading context certainly is.

"Use force if necessary". I haven't seen a harem show where the guy literally beats them off with a stick and the ones that do aren't comedies. But I do agree that Japan has some unique notions about "romance" and, sadly, that fits...

Quote:
The only thing that bothers me a bit is, like most shows of its type, Chitoge was the one being unreasonable and yet somehow it was all Raku's fault and he's the only one who needed to apologise.

Chitoge was being reasonable, though. Raku said they wouldn't make a good couple so Chitoge stayed away from him, it's a pretty basic reaction; Raku forget to clarify that it didn't mean he didn't like her {which doesn't mean he likes her. Not likes likes her, never mind, he's clearly confused which is fine} and the one bothered by their separation was more him than her {still not likes likes}.

The one being stupid is Raku because if he started dating Onodera, the same thing would happen. Either he wants both girls at his beck and call or he'll have to learn to live with Chitoge out of fear for his own life.

Marika? She's a side character in her own life and I still don't see the point of her. She made for a good three way split screen opening but she's only equal there, not in the series itself.

And seeing how Shaft is doing additional OVA episodes of individual later manga chapters, a direct continuation is less likely. Not completely out of the question, just harder to sequelize.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
I'm going to call BS on that. Firstly as Vaisaga pointed out they have repeatedly insulted each other in the past and remarked about how they would never be caught dead being a real couple. So saying that she had a reasonable reaction when Raku and Chitoge have done this song and dance so many times is just being completely unfair to him.

Then she starts acting like the whole business with their families doesn't mean squat which really pissed me off. At that point she is just being incredibly childish about the issue which pretty much made me lose most of my respect for her.

Raku obviously didn't hate her since he continuously tried to make up with her but she just decided she'd go on her own pity party (waaaah you hate me even though you don't waaaaaah) for the entire episode even said some incredibly rude things that made Raku snap.

I tell you scene where he laid into her was easily my favorite moment in the series. It's always worth dealing with tsunderes just to get stuff like that. Laughing

Also in case you didn't notice Raku was probably going to finish what he was saying when they were at the beach but Chitoge interrupted him that time and told him to shut up. Take note how he pretty much says the same thing in this episode but at the end says he doesn't hate her. So in my humble opinion this whole situation is entirely on Chitoge and given the fact she even remarks at how much of an idiot she was in this episode only proves that she knows this to be true as well.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
*sighs*

He's insensitive.
She's stubborn.

The fight was BOTH of their faults. Let us be happy they're moving on and move on as well.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
What makes Chitoge so much better than other characters of her type is that she's actually willing to apologise for her behaviour.

The show finished off where I figured it would. Chitoge spoiler[admits she's in love with Raku] and Raku spoiler[is still in love with Kosaki.] We're already getting an OAD so I would bet we'll get a second season eventually.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I think I'll rate this as good although I see it as barely given I wasn't too fond of the way the story was developed. Overall, it was an okay finale but it felt rushed with the play.

Somehow, spoiler[Tsugumi's part was my favorite along with Clauis. I swear, those two are so underrated as the characters of this show. Everyone looked awesome though for their play parts imo. Shu was funny with his trolling. Haha~]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Well that was a bit anticlimactic. While i found myself somewhat rooting for Chitoge i'm afraid my angst against tsunderes has caused me to switch over to Onodera at the last second.

But honestly speaking the girls were almost just embodiments of the typical tropes you see in these kind of romantic shows. 2 Tsundere girls, Shy Girl and the Aggressive Girl. They made small strides in their relationship with Raku but it felt extremely minimal at best. Alas this is the dreaded curse that plagues all long running shounen rom/coms. Just like To Love Ru the main leads are incredibly indecisive so that they can prolong the show as long as possible. But at least this show kind of has an excuse for that with the whole rivaling families business. It still does grate on the nerves a bit. And I still can't help but notice that the locket was COMPLETELY dropped from the story after Raku sent it to get fixed. Why do i get the feeling that it's not going to show up again until the author thinks it's necessary? That thing should have totally been fixed by now lol.

Overall a funny and silly series but the gags of everyone acting overly embarrassed around each other seriously got old after a while. There needs to be a even line between relationship progression and comedy which i don't think the series quite got right.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I need season 2 badly. I really enjoyed this series. I think even people who hate harem anime could like it.

Also THIS

Quote:
and Rakuspoiler[is still in love with Kosaki.]

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but I feel that spoiler[Raku and Onodera doing the farewell scene] is a bit of foreshadowing that it's not going to work between them. No?
I just got that vibe.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Actually, that wasn't a half bad finale. It felt like everyone got some attention and the fact that Chitoge spoiler[admitted she loves Raku is actually more development] than I expected.

I ended up rating this show as Decent. It would have gotten Good in my book but I just got too exasperated with the cluelessness and hemming and hawing.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
If I rated shows, it'd get Waste of my time which was fully warrented after the Marika episode which had zero meaning to every relation in the series, the Onodera episode which had zero meaning to every relation in the series and ultimately the actual premise, which had zero meaning to every relation in the series. I watched it for the animation and comedy and found it ... didn't find it on either front.

How is that not an option? It could have been something ... well, no, it couldn't have and it followed my outline fairly closely so it's not as if it tried to be something other than an adaptation of an ongoing "who will he choose" series without the important bit.

Though it did make me want to reread Ichigo 100%. The fans made me want to stay away from the Nisekoi manga...

Still, haven't seen the finale yet so don't spoil it for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 24