• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime by Toei to Premiere in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:

For instance, the new Saint Seiya Omega uses completely new character designs because, well, it's been 25 years and they're not using the same designers that they did in the past. Just for a quick comparison:

This is Shiryu in the original anime, age 14:
http://caballerosfuturstro.galeon.com/personajes/shiryu.jpg
This is his son Ryuho in Omega, age 13:
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131202153329/saintseiya/es/images/e/e0/Ryuho_dragon.png

Even though they are nearly the same age (and are blood-related and thus physically similar), their character designs are drastically different because it's been 25 years, design and animation techniques have changed, yadda yadda. People honestly don't expect the characters in the new SM anime to look the same from 25 years ago.

at least Ryuho looks like a 13 year old, I'll give omega that. The old show explains that an armor is like a living being and can evolve over time. Now that the dragon cloth was granted the poeer of the blood of Athena, it is technicaly more powerful than even a gold cloth. I don't know what excuse they will bring to explain why did the cloth chanhe appearance after 15 years but if it recieved blood from a powerful saint or another god it could continue changing appearance. I tried to watch the 1st episode of omega being an oldschool ss junkie but paused the video after 15 minutes, they ruined the show. Its like watching barney the purple dinosaur with some characters wearing bronze saint cloths singing kumbaya to some lame generic bad guy. What happened to the complex sanctuary overhtrow plot by a psychotic and bitter gold saint that kills the pope because a different gold saint is chosen as the sucessor and in some mad rage first tries to kill an infant athena and when his plot fails he gives false orders to shura to kill the poor schmoe that is risking his life trying to save the baby? An exciting 12 house arc featuring an array of gold saints that are either pro or against this so called impostor athena and her army of meddlesome nronze saints? I know asgard is a made up arc never shown in the manga but maaaan hilda is badass! Excellent villain and hot to boot.

they took away what I liked about ss and made it a kiddy show, I haven't felt like giving it a second chamce yet. As far as fans are concerned the chracter desins from the first hades ovas are modern and full of awesome despitemthe old age of the source material, I wished omega was half as awesome as the sanctuary hades ova was.
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
[quote ] and the same thing happened with Powerpuff Girls Z where in this case, Cartoon Network had it dubbed (in Vancouver so no original voice cast) and it only aired outside of the US (specifically in Australia & the Philippines).[/quote]

If you could change the language of the sat of your remote control to english, this anime was shown dubbed to spanish and Portuguese with the raw english version as a remote control optional language for cartoon network latin america. I sometimes watched the show in english out of boredom and noticed the english vas were different from the original series, now I know why, aaaaah!

for curiosity of you guys, so, eone dubbed the first 26 episodes to pretty cure to spanish, sold boxset dds of the show in mexico with the original pretty cure title yet strangely nver even attempted to convince a national tv station to show it on their channel even it doesn't seem to have questionable content like the good old days of uncensored dragon ball, ranma or heck even utena had a partial run once in channel 5 uncut even though they never got to the last few episodes and it only ran once during the 2002 world cup netween games. I bouht the boxset 2 yers ago and haven't watched em yet, so I cant say where it was dubbed to spanish and how good is the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6