• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No-Rin (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote

No-Rin

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: school
Plot Summary: When the national idol Kusakabe Yuka suddenly retired from the entertainment business, it shocked the world and it devastated teenager Hata Kosaku. Kosaku was Yuka's biggest fan and her departure left him depressed. His classmates at the Tamo Agriculture School finally are able to get him to leave his room and attend his class, but to everyone's amazement, Kusakabe Yuka (her stage name) comes into the class under the name Kinoshita Ringo as a transfer student. Kosaku realizes he has the once in a lifetime opportunity to get to personally know his dream girl and, together with his group of friends, try to find out why she is here and become closer than just classmates.

Episode 1: Kinda what I expected. The mc is spoiler[obsessed and worships a girl named Yuka and even has pillow that resembles her.]

Some of the parts in the first episode were so random lol like the spoiler[cow in the classroom. There were some fan service like the 'oppai'.. I bet that ending surprised Koasaku since the student is Yuka but now addresses herself by another name.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Silver Spoon knock off with an idol.]
Is it just me or are they running out of imagination?
Well, they did put in some comedy parts.
The story was pretty ridiculous.
They were all acting like some kind of idiots.
This is so not my kind of thing.
Skipping it.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[meet hata a farm school student give want move to city to do farming there yet also a fan of idol singer give usual farm school stuff got red-shirt to run from the cow.

yet also school rivals whole plants give hata is part in vs animal lead by the MOOS with he got two pals minori & kei til one day his idol singer call for retirement.

hata so shock he buried himself inside a body pillow cover with idol singer on it give minori & kei doing "intervention" on hata well give mention eggplants get back to farm studying til "new girl" arrive in.]

yea give watching more "farming" on it to watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

So it starts off looking like an idol anime, but suddenly looks like something akin to Silver Spoon with a guy obsessed over an idol. I have seen some alright idols, but it boggles my mind over the extent. Anyway it appears the idol retired and will be attending his school under a different name, some choice because he sent vegetables, I think all of which were apparently pretty phallus.

I think what her personality is will have a lot of weight as I am kind of liking childhood friend so far.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
not sure what to think if this right now since we don't know where the show will go from here, but I did think most of what happened was funny, except for the teacher, so I do want to keep watching
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like the teacher at first either, but then she turned out to be a little like Akira Kogami from Lucky Star where she's half super genki girl, but also half angry and depressed. I love that dichotomy and the angry part in particular. I don't necessarily like it for a teacher character since immature teachers aren't my favorite (unless they have a straight man like Yukari and Nyamo), but I think the positive traits outweigh the negative here, though I still wish she didn't dress like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
what is Wakadanna supposed to be, a kangaroo?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
what is Wakadanna supposed to be, a kangaroo?

My guess was a wallaby, they are pretty much small kangaroos. But cuter.
Trust me, I am Australian.

Although it still looked a little small to be quite full grown.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Its a sandshrew. Smile
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Its a sandshrew. Smile

Nah a shrew looks more like a lanky mouse. My vote is wallaby too.

This ep was actually a tiny bit better than expected, and I expected it to be really bad. I like the sponaneous bits and the teacher, while nothing new, did grow on me pretty quick. spoiler[I'd love it if the transfer girl really wasn't the idol singer, and the idol showed up later. If not, the idol had better have a damn good reason for going there. And it'd better not involve "I finally found my childhood friend who forgot all about me and now we can get married."]

Also, either Japan has very different-looking eggplants than we do where I live or they all have mutated slug penises. How the heck does she make the connection between an eggplant and... ugh. neverrmind.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
That overly long gag about Pantsu... ok I am now set to watch the rest of the release, lol.

Also, I stayed around for the closer and had another brief chuckle when they animated the girls in the same style as the Mohoromatic closers.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[female teacher going basic instinct on explain on ringo give she left idol singer life now make fresh start in farm so have hata, minori, & kei being tour guide for ringo.

yet during whole tour ringo so very STOIC whole time give hata mention story of wally-bee he have then have moos explain on eggs lead to condom?

give after teacher discussion time now dinner welcome feast lead to king game got hata been feed & foot stomp by minori yet ringo got king want refer as first name.

now morning yet hata want pantsu of ringo yet minori what about mine give want white then kei appear make pick the pantsu yet hata win cause refer the worn version yet it was smell of amrpit area?

yet kei make pantsu speak it all in everyone heart yet ringo find it all baka. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

So it is pretty clear that Ringo likes him due to visible jealousy, I think it was that she was only watching him during the tour. My guess is that smiling and stuff became something she did as an idol, so now that she has retired she is much more stony faced, maybe hard to understand as he thought she was bored.

And parodies, loved the good old "spoiler[just as planned]". I said wallaby. For an odd reason I am reminded of Baka Test. I did like that one scene where the teacher kept changing her character.

That extended spoiler[panty] bit, well that happened, I loved the quotes, wonder if that might pop up in the guessing game.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
Yeah, panty gag went on way too long. Hope the humour picks up soon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

So childhood friend is super jealous, and it is actually making her look quite bad with the fact she is practically bullying Ringo. She knows that Ringo likes him so she is trying to get rid of her. I loved the JRPG styled transitions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4