• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Rumble ending?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m00nshine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
The preview for the next episode of school rumble states that it's going to be the final episode. We must rally together and convince whoever we need to convince that this show must continue... it is way to good to stop. There may be a small chance for a third season but it appears everything is reaching closure. If this show ends then that is going to be a very large anime hole that will need to be filled.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll just try to break it down very simply. First, EVERYTHING comes to an end, no matter how precious or good it is, it HAS to end, otherwise people will eventually tire of it. Second, at the point it's at right now, it has a pretty good stopping point; the comedy has slowed down quite a bit and it's not as interesting as when it first started. Third, there's always the manga. Last, but not least, I'm pretty sure it already aired in Japan, not to mention it's quite obvious you're watching it subbed. And it's not as if the Japanese companies would really care about our opinions are since we're not directly affecting their sales, now are we? Once it is released in America (already licensed), then buy every DVD of it and wath over and over until your brain melts if you like this show, or you can go buy the manga mentioned earlier.

For my ending statement, NOTHING is too good to stop, if it is it would be perfect, and nothing is perfect, therefore something that is too good to stop cannot exist. Now, people might want MORE of it, but TOO much of it is worse than too little, ask everyone who's watched the Naruto fillers and you'll see exactly what I mean.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
it had two seasons, that sounds pretty fair to me.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
I'll just try to break it down very simply. First, EVERYTHING comes to an end, no matter how precious or good it is, it HAS to end, otherwise people will eventually tire of it. Second, at the point it's at right now, it has a pretty good stopping point; the comedy has slowed down quite a bit and it's not as interesting as when it first started. Third, there's always the manga. Last, but not least, I'm pretty sure it already aired in Japan, not to mention it's quite obvious you're watching it subbed. And it's not as if the Japanese companies would really care about our opinions are since we're not directly affecting their sales, now are we? Once it is released in America (already licensed), then buy every DVD of it and wath over and over until your brain melts if you like this show, or you can go buy the manga mentioned earlier.

For my ending statement, NOTHING is too good to stop, if it is it would be perfect, and nothing is perfect, therefore something that is too good to stop cannot exist. Now, people might want MORE of it, but TOO much of it is worse than too little, ask everyone who's watched the Naruto fillers and you'll see exactly what I mean.

**applause and shouts of "Bravo! Well said!**

Quote:
If this show ends then that is going to be a very large anime hole that will need to be filled.

There is no hole that is too big to be filled.

I was, like several others, sad that Fullmetal Alchemist is over...BUT I have Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid waiting in the wings for me along with Fate/Stay Night & Kyo Kara Maoh! Season Two.

Trust me. You will find something else that will entice, hook and addict you, making you beg for more and more and more. That is the nature of anime addiction.

Ain't it great! Cool
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
For my ending statement, NOTHING is too good to stop, if it is it would be perfect, and nothing is perfect, therefore something that is too good to stop cannot exist.

Kentarou Miura would like to have a word with you.

So would Go Nagai. Evil or Very Mad
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually very glad that School Rumble is going to end soon. However, what concerns me the most is that the ending be conclusive. It's true that School Rumble is extremely funny, but I watch it because I love the story and want to see the conclusion, and I feel that the time has come. The 2 seasons of School Rumble is possibly the best anime series that I've ever seen. However, it's kind of meaningless if it just keeps going and going with the characters being unable to finally reveal their feelings to each other. After all, that's the basis of the show isn't it?
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote
Stupidman007 wrote:
However, it's kind of meaningless if it just keeps going and going with the characters being unable to finally reveal their feelings to each other.
Didn't Harima spoiler[already did so on episode 19, season 2?]

Or was I just interpreting that manga scene completely off?
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
Stupidman007 wrote:
However, it's kind of meaningless if it just keeps going and going with the characters being unable to finally reveal their feelings to each other.
Didn't Harima spoiler[already did so on episode 19, season 2?]

Or was I just interpreting that manga scene completely off?

That's what I had thought, but apparently Tenma didn't get the point.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote
No he hasn't done so yet, to top it off it seems Imouto-san still hasn't realized that Harima likes her older sister, as she poses the question to herself, "Does Harima like onee-chan?" Do yea, there are a rather large amount of plotholes (which is a given in this anime), but in the end it will work out
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
They could conceivably continue the series. I thought the first one would be the end but then I found Nigakki. They could do another series with them ahead one grade or something. School Rumble still has plenty of potential but I'm getting hints of it kinda running out of steam. I'd like to see it end with the current season or maybe with a movie or some OVA's or something but I think another season would start to choke out it's originality.
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
blind_assassin wrote:
They could conceivably continue the series. I thought the first one would be the end but then I found Nigakki. They could do another series with them ahead one grade or something. School Rumble still has plenty of potential but I'm getting hints of it kinda running out of steam. I'd like to see it end with the current season or maybe with a movie or some OVA's or something but I think another season would start to choke out it's originality.

Doesn't Karasuma leave by then. I hope so cause I find that HE is the most annoying character in the series. Not Tenma or anyone else. Just him

The next episode to air will be the last of the second semester. The last episode really set up things to look like a great finale. With all the love triangles, I wonder how it will end.

I personally want Harima and Tenma to be together. I know a lot of people think Tenma is annoying and she is really dumb, but after cheering Harima on for the past 2 seasons I can help but feel that everything should go as he wanted. Its kinda of unrealistic feeling that way, but I really do.

I don't want her to get over her because that is what appealed to me the most about Harima. He never gave up on Tenma and never considered being with anyone else. However, I found all the characters to be loveable and spoiler[ now that Yakumo realized her feelings for Harima] I can't help but feel mixed feelings about how it should end. Also, spoiler[ Eri is nowhere in sight] so im guessing she might be out of the question, but who knows with how this thing is going. I really hope that Harima ends up with Tenma.

I mean... if he hasn't gotten over her yet it feels as if his feelings are much bigger than the viewers can comprehend. I also hate Karasuma; he is just so boring and annoying. He is so indifferent and static and well emotionless all together. The most boring part in the entire series is Tenma and Karasuma.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Karasuma is almost entirely a peripheral character. Even if he did leave I don't think it would impact the story for very long. Tenma would cry, Harima would pine about her and then something zany would happen and the story would be good again.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
blind_assassin wrote:
I'd like to see it end with the current season or maybe with a movie or some OVA's or something but I think another season would start to choke out it's originality.
I'd like an OVA for ending, though. It doesn't seem to me that extending it for another season, however much I'd love them to, is going to be that beneficial to the series. But I think only 1 or 2 episodes left aren't enough to round off the plot, you know; and I would be a little angry if they just left Harima hanging like that after fiftysomething episodes of endless suffering...
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
blind_assassin wrote:
Karasuma is almost entirely a peripheral character. Even if he did leave I don't think it would impact the story for very long. Tenma would cry, Harima would pine about her and then something zany would happen and the story would be good again.

Still, I can't help but feel that most of Tenma's ignorance is partly because she likes Karasuma. I think that even though it has been shown much; Karasuma is the greatest obstacle Harima must face until he can finally be with Tenma.
deepon05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
There are other situations they need to complete too. Like what will happen with Eri, Ichijo and that blonde guy ( I forgot his name but its not Harry) and so on. They should at least show them up to their high school graduation. I think that can be a potential spot to end everything and have everyone go their separate ways and not after their second year.

p.s. screw karasuma! Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2