• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Conquest Zvezda Plot (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[jimon & renge on bus trip for a hot spring with mask on effect yet give trip relax time for their different faction to time-off.

give renge telling "egret" of female she admire yet zvezda also relax then awkward meet for jimon & renge in their faction mask give renge offer jimon to join white faction yet "egret" saw them.

so give everyone had relax then jimon got letter but it "egret" cue relax time over yea all out brawl going with white vs zvezda in many ways from mooks fights to oldies fights.

plam saw falcon give did slash yet notice arm holding yet wonder on it while jimon & "egret" well for reason is doing what best for renge.

yet jimon said really what about renge's own choice yet "egret" knew jimon is a zvezda & him runaway yet she reveal herself as miki give smoke blast now renge know their true identity.

night of brawl spring give everyone back as usual give yasu is ride smoke with "someone" also jimon go bus with renge yet on way back smoke risen? ]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
There were two spoiler[onsen] episodes back to back today that aired on TV literally with spoiler[Nisekoi] being the first and this being the next LOL.

Apart from the fan service and the spoiler[epic elderly] fighting, I'm kinda worried about their spoiler[home base there. Eh...it was attacked?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

See, this show did a hot spring episode as did Nisekoi, but this episode was actually enjoyable for not falling into the tired cliché. Actually looked like spoiler[Kate was the one to end up in the other hot spring], and it is not really that bad as as far as I know it is not too uncommon spoiler[for children]. I genuinely got a laugh at not only the grandma being part of White Light but the Grandpa part of Zvezda.

But with all the comedy there were more plot points too, like Egret seeming to spoiler[know everything, having an unnatural hatred for Asuta and protective of Renge.] Kind of shocking, it looks like spoiler[their base was attacked], I can see some anger and resolve next. And Renge spoiler[now knows the truth], I expect her to spoiler[make her own decisions that Egret might not be as great] as she thought and that Asutaspoiler[/Dva has reasons]. Also I knew we were leading up to spoiler[explosions, but was the bus going past destroyed wastelands]?

What else? Roboko maybe has a crush or something, I noticed her wanting to stay in High School mode in another episode, and she seemed to want to stay with Asuta. And Kate managed to conquer spoiler[milk].
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also I knew we were leading up to spoiler[explosions, but was the bus going past destroyed wastelands]?

Considering their reaction, it was there when they left {day trip by bus after all} and looking back at the first episode, it was a very similar foreground/background.

The explosion was, I believe, the place mostly known as spoiler[the city] so all that was still there prior to the first episode. Well, it had nothing to do with Zvezda, imagine that. I love the way that it's treated as nothing out of the ordinary, even though how much it tells the audience of the world's condition at that point.

Still, funny monkeys, that was the important part. With three of them, I was expecting the usual "see, say hear no evil" routine but the show didn't go there. Not following expectations or conventions, that's World Conquest Zvezda Plot.

Look, monkeys. One, two, three. Lots of them. I think it'd be funny if this show ends with only the barest taste of extensive backstory, present setting or sincere character motivation. Not because of what it'd mean for the show itself {it'd suck because the small tidbits we're given are very tasty} but because the main POV character Asuta doesn't really seem to care at all. Martial law, the army led by his father, his best friend's trying to catch him, her organization of "everyone knows everyone else"... I'm really starting to get the feeling that both groups are one, they're just not telling each other the truth..., Kate and her story and now, whatever all that is?

He's plucky minion Number 2, what does he matter in the grand scheme of things?
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[white faction & black squad lead by jimon's father has gone total hostile & destroy all zvezda mode go far blow up their base, have kuru balls got han solo wall treatment, even going enforce total takeover power overload.

zvezda on run & hiding give they still kate give had mix-mood yet robin-renge give radio message for surrender & live offer but black squad is on capture mode already beat-up general goro & shutdown roboko even kick her in head while offline.

even got renge this is not right even ask falcon to stop can't do it yet remind feel on renge reason why she join & also give falcon also hate jimon's dad.

give jimon go like surrender in to stop it but miki & black squad can't take give higher order aka jimon's dad don't want him anymore.

yet renge had enough of this power version of white faction so help jimon yet natasha also fall down as well that leave kate with itsuka & jimon with renge on the run.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
That cliffhanger surprised me somewhat but wow, the pacing really picked up this time. Seems like Renge is a little bit conflicted with her role now not that I'm surprised either.

spoiler[RIP Zvezda base 2014-2014.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10 and we finally get our setting backstory.

The first thing that got me this ep was the music, which was expertly used. Especially that track at the end.

In the long, long tradition of horrible-looking wanted posters these are possibly the worst, although I found Pepel to actually look pretty cool in it. spoiler[I sure hope he's ok.]

White Robin spoiler[standing against the government] doesn't surprise me but I like how it played out. I'm omega ultra looking forward to next week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

A big tone shift, well not that it came out of nowhere, it is just that they mostly wanted to do fun stuff before suddenly going serious, not seamless but I enjoyed the fun earlier and interested in the plot now. In the end it looks like the father is such a douche that he was spoiler[using his son as an excuse to attack Zvezda, take over the area, and actually turn him into a martyr]. Hopefully the ex-captain will help her niece (?) and everyone else, as she seems to not be that bad.

And Renge spoiler[made her own decision] as I expected. The thing I was most down on was what happened to spoiler[Roboko, they were treating her like trash]. We have 3 more episodes and I want to see where this will go, we were given somewhat a foundation here that you might even think they could rush to a finale, but there is time.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11-

So spoiler[Kate and the ancient civilization are extra-dimensional? I was expecting ancient earth or extra-planetary]. I greatly prefer it their way. Too bad the hat prevented us from seeing spoiler[if he had those "ears" and star thing before she was given Galaktika since nobody else seemed to. She did stop growing when she got it so I wonder if she'll start growing again if its destroyed.]

spoiler[She has them back in the next ep preview]. I've gotta stop watching those things when they actually show screens of the next ep. My problem is that I love speculating and interpreting information for upcoming ep/series/games/etc, so I can't help myself sometimes. Normally I'm really good at skipping them but shows like this with interesting, vague world settings really bait me.

damn. gotta. go:(
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:

but shows like this with interesting, vague world settings really bait me.

I am finding it a bit unsettling. At some point recently this anime stopped being whimsical and started being serious. Am I really supposed to be concerned about what happens to Lady Venera or not? So far all her showdowns have been spoiler[nothing but bluff] on her part. Exactly where is all this exuding confidence coming from? Both on her part and all her followers except Asuta.

Renge sure seems comfortable being in the role waifu-on-the-lam with Asuta, doesn't she? Sleeping together and everything. I thought it was sort of telling when she didn't take umbrage at Asuta misunderstanding her question like that.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[
flashback relate shown kate in ruling white then all other vanish but her still exist yet forward to now jimon & renge on the run cause smoke squad is after them.

miki make tv conference about zvezda on extinct yet whole area renamed tokyo dc & yea yasu also part of jimon's dad faction.

falcon had natasha in prison where offer side with them & add insult show a roboko in damage pieces yet also see goro in box glass prison recall how her sister saying that lead soon how she got mad goro for having her sister died in just after his mob is dis-band.

jimon's dad make tv conference having abuse on kate doll by leg relaxer, stomp, pulling, etc how his reign will be give jimon telling renge that cause of his dad doing that his own mother left cause of him & making food so bad to taste it's means saying it's over.

then contract sign to happen then kate & plamya try crash it yet jimon's dad let it be shown cause this is now public excuetion to be shown while natasha cryed 2 mini kuro ball grab roboko's glasses.

jimon go do something after give renge zvezda salute doing & jimon's dad go serious to burn kate's doll & he got glowing red eyes. ]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I found it unsettling from the beginning, and the mob violence of the smoking episode really put me on edge, and I never recovered. I feel like the show has been desperately short of motivational context, which makes it hard to get into it when the seriousness starts up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

An even more serious episode, and shown to indeed be Yasu's fault, they should have taken him out ages ago. Asuta on spoiler[the run with Renge who seems to be enjoying herself], Kate with Itsuka spoiler[on the run], Natasha spoiler[stripped and hung up], Robokospoiler[ in pieces], Goro spoiler[apparently dead], and Galatika spoiler[up in flames from evil cigar smoke].

If there is anything this series has told me, it is that politicians can be huge bad guys, smoking is evil, and lolis make the best overlords. Also apparently Kate is spoiler[an immortal ruler from an ancient society].
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
So i'm going to guess there is going to be a big dumb boss fight with Asuta's dad? (since he's apparently not human).

K cool.
The explanation on how he got his powers you ask? Simple.

Nanomachines Son
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, the hunters have become the hunted. spoiler[Evil politicians] set about releasing their powers and poor Kate is involved with this now ;.;

Looking forward to see how this progress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11