• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Fusion Anime Joins CW's Saturday Morning Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad to see Saturday Mornings will have cartoons again! Its hard to find things now unless you have cable.

But this:
Saban wrote:

Digimon Fusion is the all-new animated series and sixth installment of the Digimon franchise, the longest-running Japanese anime property. The series will feature all-new Digimon action and excitement following Mikey, a human boy, who is transported into the digital realm and must team up with his new “Digimon” or “Digital Monster” friends before their world is deleted once and for all. New fusion powers allow Digimon to combine and fuse their abilities to create endless battle possibilities.

Is it really the longest-running Japanese anime property? In America? Is this PR spin or somehow true?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Will it be edited even more?
clipeuh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I'm just glad to see Saturday Mornings will have cartoons again! Its hard to find things now unless you have cable.

But this:
Saban wrote:

Digimon Fusion is the all-new animated series and sixth installment of the Digimon franchise, the longest-running Japanese anime property. The series will feature all-new Digimon action and excitement following Mikey, a human boy, who is transported into the digital realm and must team up with his new “Digimon” or “Digital Monster” friends before their world is deleted once and for all. New fusion powers allow Digimon to combine and fuse their abilities to create endless battle possibilities.

Is it really the longest-running Japanese anime property? In America? Is this PR spin or somehow true?

Unless it somehow started before Pokemon, I don't think it is.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
clipeuh wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

But this:
Saban wrote:

Unless it somehow started before Pokemon, I don't think it is.

Even in the US alone, pretty sure Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon trumps it given that the rate a new Digimon series comes out now continues to grow ever wider. Typical US marketing tactics...all full of lies.

Also, this is a terrible edit of the series' summary as if the series wasn't bad enough already. spoiler[Just watch as they also edit Taichi's/Tai's name from Digimon Adventure once they hit the third season of this series despite Digimon Adventure airing in the US ages ago.]
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Well, it's their longest-running Japanese anime property, if you ignore the hiatuses.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:25 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Also, this is a terrible edit of the series' summary as if the series wasn't bad enough already. spoiler[Just watch as they also edit Taichi's/Tai's name from Digimon Adventure once they hit the third season of this series despite Digimon Adventure airing in the US ages ago.]

Uh, not only is Digimon Adventure on Nick and Netflix at the moment, but the dubbers are already well aware of the goings-on in the third arc. I actually have no idea what point you're trying to make here.
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote
I saw this commercial last week watching dragon ball and yu gi oh. I swear they get every property that nick has already have. I swear they should put something new and orginal on there
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Will it be edited even more?

Probably. No boobs and butt shots, and the toning down of language (the classic change from comments about death and dying swapped with being defeated or similar kid level nonsense). Probably some serious watering down of many scenes to make them less Japanese and more Western. The usual schtick.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Is this why Digimon Fusion suddenly stopped airing on NickToons after episode 15?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1