• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Good Smile Company Establishes Overseas Distributor

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
With both yen and dollar as weak as they are against euro at the moment, can't see this affecting us customers in Europe much, especially as shipping charge is likely to be about the same whichever side one orders from.

A little worried if there's some articles that won't be brought over, or if some might get modified, and what effect that would have(hopefully none) on the usual stores for this stuff...
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
A little worried if there's some articles that won't be brought over, or if some might get modified, and what effect that would have(hopefully none) on the usual stores for this stuff...

Having wholesale level importation would be great for costs, but yeah that's what I'm always worried about whenever there's a Japanese company in charge, who are typically more risk averse and worried about image or saving face.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote
I'm excited about this. Figuarts became a lot easier to get when Blufin started doing direct US releases.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
Why you do this GSC? I've been so good about keeping my figure collecting to a minimum, but now you're going to wave a US shop in my face to make it easier (and hopefully cheaper without having to pay shipping) for me to get your stuff? HOW DARE YOU!

I swear, if this site has a point system, I may have to teach GSC a lesson by buying out everything they have. That'll teach them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I swear, if this site has a point system, I may have to teach GSC a lesson by buying out everything they have. That'll teach them!

You and me both. I'm gonna have to start getting creative with where I put my Detolfs, since I'm rapidly running out of space. I suppose as long as I have a path to my bookcases, DVD shelves, kitchen, bathrooom, and bedroom, the rest of the space here is free to clog up with cabinets!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool, on the off chance that I ever buy any more figures, which for me is rare. I only have 7.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
What's not mentioned in the article is that the new company is a partnership between GSC and Kotobukiya. Koto has been doing their own thing in North America for years successfully so this is a good thing for everyone. On the downside the US$ price isn't much different from the yen on the same items and it's higher when you factor in the big discounts that Japanese exporters give.

What I'm mainly interested in is what they'll be doing with exclusives. If we can get things like Wonder Festival exclusives at lower domestic prices and without the 2,000yen flat rate shipping I'll be very, very happy.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:

Having wholesale level importation would be great for costs, but yeah that's what I'm always worried about whenever there's a Japanese company in charge, who are typically more risk averse and worried about image or saving face.

Emerje wrote:
What's not mentioned in the article is that the new company is a partnership between GSC and Kotobukiya. Koto has been doing their own thing in North America for years successfully so this is a good thing for everyone...

There's at least one Kotobukiya figure (from Togainu no Chi) that I have read comments of that's supposedly censored when bought from their US store.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1