• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - The Flowers of Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It's impressive how much the art improves over the course of this series. Comparing volume 1 with volume 9 is like night and day, especially in regards to the body proportions and facial expressions.
I might have to read Boku wa Maria no naku while waiting for volume 10 of Aku no Hana to come out.
ShiroAkumaNoCafeHana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
The manga is so much better than the visual abortion that was the anime.

I disagree with your opinion, I'm tired of the same anime look again and again. It's gotten to the point where heroes in one anime even look identical to a hero from another anime, sometimes one that is concurrently running (Norigami + SamuFlamenco both on right now).

The anime was beautiful, original and brave and definitely my favourite anime of the past several years.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote
BloodGod & ShiroAkumaNoCafeHana--
I'd just like to welcome you both to the fora.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
TheRussianMeatClob wrote:
Sounds like a Manga that would please Slaanesh....right blood god.

Very Happy
Absolutely. The decadent bastard...

nbahn wrote:
BloodGod & ShiroAkumaNoCafeHana--
I'd just like to welcome you both to the fora.

Thanks, I've been meaning to make an account for a while.
Dreeves95

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
At least the manga doesen't have bad animation and the characters actually have decent faces... I can see why nobody bought the anime
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get the manga at first. I felt that Nakamura, and by extension the writer, was trying say that Kasuga was something that I just didn't see based on the character's actions. I sat through the whole anime, the first three manga volumes, and the ANN discussion podcast about the show thinking, "How is everybody seeing this about this guy. He has done nothing of any significance throughout the story."

Then it hit me a few months later. That's kind of the point. I have actually decided to re-read the manga series so that I can see everything that I missed the first time around. Thank you for reminding me that I needed to pick up the newest releases for this one!

Although I can't keep a straight face when someone mentions Nihilism.

marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
Who's there American publisher of this manga series it looks interesting. Surprised
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Vertical publishes it in the US.
melmouth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Love the manga! It's been a long time since I was in middle school, but when I was, I definitely fell into the nerd category (back before nerds were computer-cool). This mange reminded me of that experience, so it sucked me right in, and I'm still addicted.

If you're a social reject and young, you can become exhausted by the daily emotional pain of being rejected...and become really angry. Then's the time when you're ripe for prophets of nihilism. And what will happen then?!

I've come to feel as I've read this manga that this is its fundamental story. By nature it's a suspenseful kind of story, because such a young person cannot know how far he's going to go into darkness, and what the trip will cost him. I think lots of lives are ruined near their beginning in such cases.

Will it be the same for us readers as we identify with the MC here?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2