• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 11

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Fansub:

"You just want to hold Character X 'til she dies, eh? I get it. I totally do. She's a cutie. I want to kill her too! I am Character Y. I've ten times more ways of sending people to frenzy than you. Learn from me, doll. Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to kill you. I'm going to enjoy killing you. And, since I'm done with her, I'm going to kill Character X, too. Boy, oh boy, this is awesome. I can't wait to see her face, cringed from pain, stained with tears, how she'll scream in horror, beg for forgiveness, and die."

Hint #1: spoiler[The speaker is one of the good guys.]

Hint #2: spoiler[Character X is the addresse's girlfriend. But the addresse isn't always Character X's boyfriend.]

Hint #3: spoiler[Character Y is putting on an act for the sake of eliminating the addresse's ability to kill Character X. Character X falls for Y's act too, despite X once being hailed as an acting prodigy.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler["What do you mean you never made it past the first episode?! I'll curse you!"]
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Okay, all the hints are on the table, time to cobble up a guess.

spoiler[Cube x Cursed x Curious
X is Shiraho
Y is Fear
Addressee is Sovereignty]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, you could try to guess the context. Or arrange those lines in the form of a contextual statement. Heck, you could just fill in the blanks of hint 3.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, I provided context by specifying the addressee. You're being overly picky again.

But if it makes you happy:

spoiler[Fear in Cube x Cursed x Curious threatening to kill Sovereignty and Shiraho in order to get Shiraho to say that she loves Sovereignty which will slow down the killing organ or whatever.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
Eh, it's the same logic behind why making list threads isn't allowed. You can put more effort into it than that.

Anyways, I'm giving it to you now even if the details you just gave aren't really right, but no matter. spoiler[Yukari Tamura, Yuka Iguchi and Chiwa Saitou] really knocked that scene out of the park.

Open turn.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Eh, it's the same logic behind why making list threads isn't allowed. You can put more effort into it than that.

As long as the details are correct and appropriately spoiler-tagged then the amount of effort I put into my answer is not important. This isn't English class where we have to write an essay. Under the rules of the game, what the answer needs to have is the name of the show the quote is from, who is speaking, and either whom they are speaking to and/or what the situation is. Nothing in there about making it look pretty.

Besides, if you really want to bring the strict letter of forum rules into this, then by your logic rosebrook11's recent post has to be deleted because they posted a one-liner. Which is silly, of course; no-one begrudges one-liner confirmation of answers in guessing game threads. Arguing that lists shouldn't be used for answers is just as patently dumb.

Vaisaga wrote:
Anyways, I'm giving it to you now even if the details you just gave aren't really right, but no matter.

Did I at least get the three characters right?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
I'm not asking for an essay. I just prefer answers to be in the form of complete sentences.

I was going to give it to you all the same, even if some one tried to steal it.

And yeah you got the names right. spoiler[Fear was actually trying to get Killing Organ to fully activate so they could just destroy it rather than killing Sovereignty outright.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Remember folks, turn is open.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I'll take it. next quote, dub

Character A: We can give you power. Our organization needs to be rebuilt with a new perspective and a new ruler. And the ruler that will lead -blank- into the glorious new world order should be you. I ask that you please join us princess. Let's show this world what the vampire race is truly capable of.

Character B: What we're capable of huh? Interesting.

Character A: Princess?

Character B: You can't fathom the damage you have caused. Did you really think this would persuade me to join you? You're such a fool. How could you? I never wanted harm to come to any of them. Because of you, they will no longer be able to trust me.

Character A: Princess, I was only trying to please you. I thought you were building the -blank- to gain more power
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This is, of course, from spoiler[Dance in the Vampire Bund. A is Jean Merais Dermaille speaking to Mina Tepes (B) when she confronts him and his organization about the attack on the students in the church. The first blank is, of course, "vampires" and the second one is "bund."]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
the first blank is spoiler[Telomere], but you got the important stuff right, so that doesn't really matter
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Ah, yes, and I knew that, too.

Is it sad that a quote from that series will probably never get by me even though I didn't like it that much?

Anyway, new quote, virtually identical in the sub and dub:

"Even the most rotten of eggs may come back to life if warmed."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Is it sad that a quote from that series will probably never get by me even though I didn't like it that much?

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I knew where that quote was from instantly, but I didn't bother trying to look up who character A was due to laziness. The show didn't do much for me either.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The speaker and the person being spoken about are former lovers.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 33 of 101