• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Entertainment Launches Light Novel Imprint

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
I thought Seven Seas was going to be this crazy company doing crazy OEL things, but Kashimashi and now this? I'm very excited to check into this. Loved Shinigami no Ballad, and really hope Maria-sama ga Miteru can get picked up eventually. Kind of sad they opted for Strawberry Panic as their schoolgirl fix instead. Sad
glainfach

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
The fact that they did pick Strawberry Panic suggests to me that they are open to something like Maria-sama ga Miteru. Chances are that Marimite was more expensive to license and thus too risky for this new venture than the newer series.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad Seven Seas is keeping the cute size. When DMP decided to publish their yaoi novels, I was hopeful they'd keep the same format... Sad
ojamajolilac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
There's Shinigami no Ballad and Pita Ten X3 I would surely to buy those novels...

Then I could tell other people I actually read "real" novels...instead of manga all the time
Akukaze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the Strawberry Panic novels? Score! I love the way the Boogiepop novels are being handled and I can't wait to see more from Seven Seas. Though, if the price point is $7.95 I guess we're not going to be getting the color insert pages like the Boogiepop novels have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
They're working their way up to licensing the Haruhi Suzumiya novels. Not saying that I know for sure, but I can sense it.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
They're working their way up to licensing the Haruhi Suzumiya novels. Not saying that I know for sure, but I can sense it.
If they did get the HS novels and picked up Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora, they'd be getting plenty of my money in addition to what they'll already be getting for Ballad of a Shinigami. "Ballad of a Shinigami" = cooler English title than "Shinigami's Ballad," or "Soul Reaper's Ballad" for that matter, but let's not go there Cool Now let's just hope they have good proofreading and editing, because that's pretty much the only thing you can screw up with novels, and Dr Master managed to do that with RahXephon.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Now let's just hope they have good proofreading and editing, because that's pretty much the only thing you can screw up with novels, and Dr Master managed to do that with RahXephon.

Based on their work on Boogiepop I'd say they are top of the line in that respect. They have a translator/adapter who can write prose well and doesn't just Babelfish the text through.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
Wow, the Strawberry Panic novels? Score!

I wish to second this! And add a woohoo!

Man, Seven Seas is about to start lightening my wallet on a regular basis. With the Kashimashi and Kodomo no Jikan mangas coming up and now this? It's like someone there is reading the more perverted parts of my mind. Wink

I've seen most of the Strawberry Panic! anime so this anouncment also gives me a little hope that might be licensed soon too. Maybe. Please?

It would be a heck of a coup if they managed to get Haruhi. That title could potentially be one of the biggest hits ever.

Or another Snakes on a Plane. Rolling Eyes

Two notes: The Kodomo no Jikan manga I'm reffering to is not the hentai, it's the ecchi loli schoolgirl series. Twisted Evil And internet buzz led analysts to predict huge box office success for Snakes on a Plane which never really materialized.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Akukaze wrote:
Wow, the Strawberry Panic novels? Score! I love the way the Boogiepop novels are being handled and I can't wait to see more from Seven Seas. Though, if the price point is $7.95 I guess we're not going to be getting the color insert pages like the Boogiepop novels have.

The color inserts are a big part of what make light novels so cool. Not every book out there has them, but we're going to try our damnedest to ensure that all the Light Novels that do have color pages do indeed have them in English.

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
Lyrai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
I never knew Pita-Ten had novels. I'll snap them up, I've loved Seven Seas's work on Boogiepop so far.
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I dont read light novels, but the only japanese novel I would love to read is SENTOU YOUSEI YUKIKAZE KAI, the novel in which, Yukikaze the anime was based on.

I hope they take requests.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Are these going to have that weird Borders exclusivity thing that Boogiepop has? Because I have a lot of friends who were really put off (and still refuse to buy the books as a result, despite being big fans of Boogiepop) by the fact that it didn't include Australian Borders markets, and took around nine months as opposed to the planned six to even show up on Amazon, much less other retailers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
If they would bring over Suzumiya Haruhi, Gemini Knives and the Kiddy Grade novels I would be one happy bunny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is that is music to my ears, and from what I'm hearing hopefully the WILL get the Haruhi novels. It's also good to actually see a representative of the company replying in a thread about the company, that's a rather big bonus in my book. Well, once I get around to getting money I'll start snatching some of their works before they fly out of the stores Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2