Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fist of the North Star Joins J-Stars Victory Vs. Game


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Animeking1108



Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
I guess the only one left to make this complete is Yoh Asakura. Come on. An annoying broad like Boa Hancock gets included, but not him? Then again, this game also reduced Hisoka to a support character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wootsman



Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
I guess the only one left to make this complete is Yoh Asakura. Come on. An annoying broad like Boa Hancock gets included, but not him? Then again, this game also reduced Hisoka to a support character.
The next and last character is going to be Kinnikuman, and you are going to like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cyclone1993



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 592

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote
The three characters that I want to see added to this the most are Yoh, Rikuo Nura, and Kinnikuman. But the cast looks pretty good so far!

Though Light and Ryuk would make a great support, as would Mashiro and Takagi from Bakuman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flackenstien



Joined: 30 Jun 2012
Posts: 154

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:40 am Reply with quote
We still need Killua, and Hisoka being support-only makes sense.
What would he do as a playable character?
Bunjie Gum is too complicated a power to have in a videogame, and we have yet to see him go all-out.. we don't even know his full strength.

Also, it wouldn't hurt them to throw in as many characters as humanly possible from as many series as they can..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KutovoiAnton



Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
YES! I had doubts that Kenshiro will make it in, since Hokuto isn't a Jump property anymore, but they managed to surprise me. Hope Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Tachiki Fumihiko, because (IMO) it's the best voices they had since TV series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zangetsukakashi



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:24 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
YES! I had doubts that Kenshiro will make it in, since Hokuto isn't a Jump property anymore, but they managed to surprise me. Hope Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Tachiki Fumihiko, because (IMO) it's the best voices they had since TV series.


Same here. I had already given up hope about it cause of this, but then I heard Saint Seiya wasn't too (or am i mistaken?), so my hopes went up Smile

Hmm.... i loved konishi for kenshiro, but imo, his best role was Hiroshi Abe in the 2006 movies/ovas. But for Raoh, i agree with u on fumihiko Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanHardy



Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 am Reply with quote
BOUT TIME!!!

I was wondering when Kenshiro would show up. And Raoh too?! This is better than expected!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 12607

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote
Hara owns Fist, now. So if it helps boost sales, he will gladly pimp Kenshiro in any rival magazine crossover.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 1324
Location: Here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
Ichigo, you're already dead. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chao8971



Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
I was really hoping that Kenshiro and Roah would be in it and here we go. I remember in Jump Ultimate Stars both were in and I was hoping they would put them both in this one.

Now I only need Kinnikuman and I'm set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo



Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1094

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
zangetsukakashi wrote:
Same here. I had already given up hope about it cause of this, but then I heard Saint Seiya wasn't too (or am i mistaken?), so my hopes went up Smile


Technically, all manga belongs to the original creator, so none of them "belong" to Shueisha. That being said, most creators just tend to let the original publisher handle the messy details of stuff like publishing & distribution. In regards to Seiya, Kurumada pretty much allows Shueisha to handle the publishing of any of his catalog, even B't X, but the Seiya manga of the past decade-ish are with Akita Shoten. Essentially, Shueisha is managing the original Seiya, so it was never a problem to include in this game.

Fist of the North Star, though, definitely belongs to Tetsuo Hara. He took the rights to it with him when he & Tsukasa Hojo helped form the company that published Comic Bunch magazine. That being said, Hara doesn't seem to harbor any ill will towards Shueisha & is willing to let his old work be used in celebratory works like J-Stars... He just has to be approached about the inclusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wootsman



Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
YES! I had doubts that Kenshiro will make it in, since Hokuto isn't a Jump property anymore, but they managed to surprise me. Hope Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Tachiki Fumihiko, because (IMO) it's the best voices they had since TV series.
Akira Kamiya is honestly the only good voice actor that Kenshiro ever got, and it really pisses me off considering they never want to cast as the character again for absolutely no reason at all, even for that Arc System Works game that he even managed to get the original voice actor for Mr. Heart again. Of course Raoh's original voice actor has unfortunately passed away last year, even more reason I want Kamiya to voice Kenshiro at least once before something happens to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Geo



Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1094

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
wootsman wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:
YES! I had doubts that Kenshiro will make it in, since Hokuto isn't a Jump property anymore, but they managed to surprise me. Hope Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Tachiki Fumihiko, because (IMO) it's the best voices they had since TV series.
Akira Kamiya is honestly the only good voice actor that Kenshiro ever got, and it really pisses me off considering they never want to cast as the character again for absolutely no reason at all, even for that Arc System Works game that he even managed to get the original voice actor for Mr. Heart again. Of course Raoh's original voice actor has unfortunately passed away last year, even more reason I want Kamiya to voice Kenshiro at least once before something happens to him.


Kamiya has admitted that Kenshiro essentially kills his throat nowadays. Sure, he could do the character if he talked normally, but those "Atatatatatatatas" are just too much for a man of his age, especially if he has to do retakes & the like. Also, Kamiya is apparently considered one of the highest-ranking seiyuu in Japan & is probably just too expensive to hire for some titles, especially when they already have an existing seiyuu in the game. Seriously, why pay a lot for Kamiya when Konishi is already on board (he voices Oga from Beelzebub) and can simply be paid a little extra to voice another character?

But, seriously, you're comparing Shozou Iizuka to Akira Kamiya? I don't mean that as an insult to Iizuka, who does great work, but you have to realize that not all seiyuu are treated equal, especially when money is something to consider. Iizuka doesn't have anywhere near as many iconic roles as Kamiya; therefore, he was likely much, much more affordable than Kamiya.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Animeking1108



Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
wootsman wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:
YES! I had doubts that Kenshiro will make it in, since Hokuto isn't a Jump property anymore, but they managed to surprise me. Hope Kenshiro and Raoh will be voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi and Tachiki Fumihiko, because (IMO) it's the best voices they had since TV series.
Akira Kamiya is honestly the only good voice actor that Kenshiro ever got, and it really pisses me off considering they never want to cast as the character again for absolutely no reason at all, even for that Arc System Works game that he even managed to get the original voice actor for Mr. Heart again. Of course Raoh's original voice actor has unfortunately passed away last year, even more reason I want Kamiya to voice Kenshiro at least once before something happens to him.


Kamiya has admitted that Kenshiro essentially kills his throat nowadays. Sure, he could do the character if he talked normally, but those "Atatatatatatatas" are just too much for a man of his age, especially if he has to do retakes & the like. Also, Kamiya is apparently considered one of the highest-ranking seiyuu in Japan & is probably just too expensive to hire for some titles, especially when they already have an existing seiyuu in the game. Seriously, why pay a lot for Kamiya when Konishi is already on board (he voices Oga from Beelzebub) and can simply be paid a little extra to voice another character?

But, seriously, you're comparing Shozou Iizuka to Akira Kamiya? I don't mean that as an insult to Iizuka, who does great work, but you have to realize that not all seiyuu are treated equal, especially when money is something to consider. Iizuka doesn't have anywhere near as many iconic roles as Kamiya; therefore, he was likely much, much more affordable than Kamiya.


I heard it was because Tetsuo Hara and Buronson didn't like his performance. Either way, even if they didn't hate it, the man is retired and too old to do the voice. It actually surprised me they got him back for Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger as the Black Cross Fuhrer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StrawHat313



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 144
Location: United States

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
Well this is a nice surprise. I thought they were done with the roster since they were revealing all villains in the last announcement.

Hopefully we get a few more, because the release date is getting closer and closer. Speaking of release date, I really need to pre-order this before its too late.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group