• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kantai Collection Invades WonderFest With New Figures

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
That's not Houshou, it's Kitakami.

Anyway, KanColle figures are going to kill me. There are already several figures I want, and they've barely started. This article doesn't even have everything (though it also had a number I haven't seen yet), such as Damaged Version Kongou and I-19 (a.k.a. Iku), though the only picture I've seen of the latter was from behind.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice models, but man. Kantai Collection seems so weird. Arpeggio Blue Steel made little more sense. I guess I'm getting old thinking this bit too MOE.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I am glad I don't have a job right now, that Nagato and those Yamatos would mean the death of my paycheck.

If they ever come out with an Atago, Shigure, or Taihou figure I might break down. Maybe a Zuikaku or Inazuma would make me hate my money as well.

But seriously can we get some info on the anime already? All we have is staff and studio, no summary or airdate.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Nice models, but man. Kantai Collection seems so weird. Arpeggio Blue Steel made little more sense. I guess I'm getting old thinking this bit too MOE.

It may make more sense once there's an actual explanation. Don't think the game really has one, it's just "here, have some ship girls and fight the Abyssal Fleet!"
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Kan Colle is seriously running aground with oversaturation. I know a lot of people are already sick of it and this is just the beginning.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Kan Colle is seriously running aground with oversaturation. I know a lot of people are already sick of it and this is just the beginning.

Emerje

The opinions of people are not interested in a popular thing are not indicative of this. The franchise faces a problem in the sheer number of characters and the number of figures that they are releasing in that people can only afford so much. But you will find some people that quickly get sick of any given popular thing and it doesn't really mean anything.

Also curious precisely what they're getting sick of. Is it really that hard to just ignore things you aren't personally interested in? It's not like it's even had much exposure on the English side yet, unless perhaps you are part of very particular circles (like mine). It does seem to be having an impact on Touhou though. I've seen a number of pixiv artists that used to be all or mostly Touhou that suddenly became all or mostly KanColle within the past few months or past year. KanColle was also huge at last comiket, though I think Touhou still won in numbers, but if KanColle does end up having staying power, it could be helping send Touhou out.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see what kind of numbers the anime sells when it airs later this year. This thing is massive
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
but if KanColle does end up having staying power, it could be helping send Touhou out.

Touhou still has Reitaisai, which last time I checked is still growing as a convention.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't like when hundreds of artists turn to the new thing all at once and abandon their previous plans. I just find the characters kind of boring looking, but maybe it's a level of unfamiliarity.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Some Strike Witches artists do Kancolle stuff as well. But it seems a lot of artists are "cooling down", they're not making JUST Kancolle art. I see Touhou all the time on Danbooru's front page.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
I know next to nothing about this franchise, and what I've gathered of the concept seems like the facepalmiest otaku bait there is, but heaven help me, I'm getting the Akagi figma. I saw a picture for it on another site and I just really liked her character design for some reason. Am I finally succumbing to moe?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
Freaking nationalists! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1