Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenji Inafune's Mighty No.9 Game Previewed in Play Test Footage




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3973
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
2015???? That's such a long way off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Toester_Strudel



Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The game looks great so far, can't wait for it! And yeah, 2015 seems like a long way from today...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Daniel Fortesque



Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
It'll still be out before the next Mega Man game..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dannyhibiki



Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
His name is Keiji, not Kenji.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1324

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
2015???? That's such a long way off.


Well, considering they only had concepts until now, I don't think I would've expected anything sooner. They're making it on practically every current platform, too. It seems like steady progress so far, though, so I'm happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3973
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
2015???? That's such a long way off.


Well, considering they only had concepts until now, I don't think I would've expected anything sooner. They're making it on practically every current platform, too. It seems like steady progress so far, though, so I'm happy.


True. I guess before you know it 2015 will be here. I know there was another game that had a long wait and before you knew it was that time. I wish I could remember.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1324

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
2015???? That's such a long way off.


Well, considering they only had concepts until now, I don't think I would've expected anything sooner. They're making it on practically every current platform, too. It seems like steady progress so far, though, so I'm happy.


True. I guess before you know it 2015 will be here. I know there was another game that had a long wait and before you knew it was that time. I wish I could remember.


It's been pointed out by game developers a lot, but one of the reasons some games tend to take forever to release is because they're announced in such early stages now, we're hearing about them earlier than ever. And sometimes before they've even been greenlit (DASH/Legends 3... *sob*). So the distance between announcement and release is much longer, especially when a game is in limbo (long ago, most games would never be announced until they were far enough in development to be set for a release of some kind).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3973
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

It's been pointed out by game developers a lot, but one of the reasons some games tend to take forever to release is because they're announced in such early stages now, we're hearing about them earlier than ever. And sometimes before they've even been greenlit (DASH/Legends 3... *sob*). So the distance between announcement and release is much longer, especially when a game is in limbo (long ago, most games would never be announced until they were far enough in development to be set for a release of some kind).


Yeah, that is true. I guess when compared to companies that have it in the bag when they make the announcement there is a shorter time frame. But I did forget that the game was still in the process of being funded. Gotta get the funds first. And that was all but last year. So now we have to get it going. But from all the scenes I thought we'd be getting closer to a release in the summer. Then you get the final news. Hell, Bayonetta 2 isn't getting a release until late 2014, but that could just be a hold date and folks could see it in late summer. But we'll see. I'm glad that this project is underway. Now the question is will we get a spiritual successor to Dash 3? The only way this would happen is to scrap the original idea, start from scratch using a different premise and then finish it. Because sadly Capcom has long dropped that in a deep ditch never to be unearthed again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group