• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A town where you live's Kouji Seo to Resume Half & Half Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glupscher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Really sad about Kimi no Iru Machi ending. Despite people saying that the manga got worse, I really enjoyed reading the new releases every week. I have all volumes at home and I regularly reread them. The ending is somewhat abrupt though, which is sad considering the great developments in the series.
Good news that he will draw something different right away though. Looking forward to it!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
About time...

Also, Seo is going to debut that new Fuuka manga soon isn't he?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
About time...

Also, Seo is going to debut that new Fuuka manga soon isn't he?

I believe the first chapter (i.e. Fuuka) debuted in the same issue as Kimi no Iru Machi's final chapter.
Nayu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Clarification: Del Ray published PART of Seo's Suzuka. When Kodansha took their content back, it never finished.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Clarification: Del Ray published PART of Seo's Suzuka. When Kodansha took their content back, it never finished.

The fact that the last volume released by Del Rey Manga was a 3-in-1 omnibus probably meant that sales weren't that great. Too bad that they (apparently) couldn't justify another omnibus to finish the series.
blindworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
shame about kimi no iru machi, though i have to admit that the quality dropped after haruto and eba got togehter, it was still enjoyable and felt really relatable (no matter how much people would say how it isn't based on a single invalid point)

though i'm happy its done since seo can continue on his other work. half and half I can't see being a long series with several volumes. and then he can focus more on princess lucia, which i think could be his best series if he put a bit more time on it
Nighteyesv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree that the ending was abrupt given how long most of the other plot developments took to happen. Loved the series though and I will probably reread it a bunch of times. I can't wait for Fuuka to start though. A follow up on Suzuka would be a great idea and it would be even better if Haruto's kid hooks up with her. Those two manga definitely should mix.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
The first chapter of Fuuka did come out with the final KNiM chapter. If the cover of the magazine can be believed, this is the first time a mangaka has ended one work and debuted another in the same volume of the same magazine... Nice career milestone.

I am so happy that he is going to continue work on Half & Half. I had no clue that the one-shot was actually his debut work way back when! It is really neat that he dusted it off for serialization so many years afterward. (That also means that the "Yuzuki" character design is one of his oldest designs. I don't remember him using it in Suzuka, so I thought it was a later design, but the one-shot lead female was pretty much Yuzuki, in terms of looks, just like Nanami in KNiM was Suzuka. The serialization of Half & Half features the Kiyomi (from KnIM) character design for the leading lady.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1