• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers Anime & Game's 1st Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Shida Naotoshi is providing key animation for this series. All is forgiven.

oblivious247 wrote:
Japan just stop... you've already shown on what is it, four occasions, now that you don't understand these characters. Just stop. Leave these characters to people who actually know what they're doing with them.

Toei is a different studio from Madhouse.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
All I can think of when I see this is this NSFW Beyblade parody. Laughing

This original post just got cleared a few minutes ago, so I wanted to make sure that people noticed it. The video it links to gets my thumbs-up as being terribly funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marvel knight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this , better than most of the stuff we get every season anywhere.

I for one can't wait to see which all heroes and villains are there ,hope they really go deep with the character selection , from X-Men to SHIELD to Guardians of the Galaxy.
electricpatriot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, why, oh, why!? I'm just waiting for this to turn out to be a grotesque monstrosity that only Thanos could enjoy.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Totally had to think of the Hitchhiker Song when that kid was throwing the thing.

Smash, SMASH, SU-MAAASSHH.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
Japan just stop... you've already shown on what is it, four occasions, now that you don't understand these characters. Just stop. Leave these characters to people who actually know what they're doing with them.

And even then, start throwing out those gaijin white-devil US studio marketing execs who come to your offices saying "Will you animate another Gotham Knight crossover for OUR hero?"
Maybe you can tell them that you've never heard of these characters in your lives...

(I'm sorry, I'm still getting over the Hulk looking like some large green school-delinquent. Shocked )
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Somehow, why does this make the Marvel/Madhouse collaborations look better by comparison? It really hasn't shown any actual footage from the anime and just only show how to play the game and suffice to say, I am not impressed by it.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote
Just why?
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
As stupid as this concept is, I wouldn't say no to the ability to summon Robert Downey Jr. Embarassed
Alexander55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Its just Disney/Marvel at its finest. They are trying to overextend the life of franchises that are more than 3-4 decades old. My natural reaction would be for them to "stop and focus on making newer and more innovative comics outside the superhero genre" but knowing Marvel, they'll just milk the same franchises over and over again until they are flat out dry.

Either way, Disney/Marvel are wasting their time. Their previous Marvel Anime tie-ins weren't exactly successful in Japan. And "Heroman", a project commissioned by Stan Lee was a disaster in its DVD sales. I don't think it'll be any different with this. One Piece, Gintama, Pretty Cure, and Pokemon already dominate the TV viewing slots. And if any Japanese are interested in superheroes, they'll just watch the films instead of wasting their time with an anime adaption of their favorite American series.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:

It's not like they do it because they want to, Marvel pays these companies to make these shows. I think that's kinda why they're not very good. They're commissioned series and basically done just because they're a paycheck, not because the writers or directors love the characters and want to make a story about them.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
oblivious247 wrote:

It's not like they do it because they want to, Marvel pays these companies to make these shows. I think that's kinda why they're not very good. They're commissioned series and basically done just because they're a paycheck, not because the writers or directors love the characters and want to make a story about them.

A bit. But giving them the benefit of the doubt, anime producers are also consummate professionals, so I'd think they give the same effort as when Japanese production committees commission the studio for a paycheck.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
That video was a good laugh. I'm obviously going to pass but it can't be as bad as what Disney currently has on television in America.

Here's a link to Big Bad Toy Store's page if anybody wants the toys.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
That video was a good laugh. I'm obviously going to pass but it can't be as bad as what Disney currently has on television in America.

There's no question that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is--was--one of the best domestic Marvel toons ever made. (Better than the legendary X-Men:TAS? That's to be debated.)
But would any heretical Japanese attempt to anime-interpret the Avengers be worse than the current "Avengers: Assemble"? That's also a good question.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
There's no question that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is--was--one of the best domestic Marvel toons ever made. (Better than the legendary X-Men:TAS? That's to be debated.)
But would any heretical Japanese attempt to anime-interpret the Avengers be worse than the current "Avengers: Assemble"? That's also a good question.
Never got into Mightiest Heroes but from what I watched it was much better than its successor (which debuted shortly after it got cancelled). The Phineas and Ferb crossover was better (much better). The quality of the shows currently airing is the main reason I've been hoping these Japanese projects would be good (and I haven't checked any of them out yet due to their negative reception amongst fans).

I really wish these shows and movies were more since they can be mature like their source material. Who cares about the Japanese? A lot of people on this forum, that's who. Some American needs to go against the grain and pitch a gritty story and character driven cartoon series.

On a note of best animated adaptions of Marvel comics, everyone forgets about Spectacular Spidey...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3