• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryohgo Narita's Stealth Symphony Joins Shonen Jump Line-Up

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm still trying to figure out who the main character of this manga is going to be. They show a lot of pictures of the orange haired magician girl, but they showcase a boy on this one.

Guess I'll find out when it premieres. I hope one of these 4 manga are good, they are replacing Beelzebub which I've been reading for years. I'd be mad if any of them gets cancelled quick.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out who the main character of this manga is going to be. They show a lot of pictures of the orange haired magician girl, but they showcase a boy on this one.

Guess I'll find out when it premieres. I hope one of these 4 manga are good, they are replacing Beelzebub which I've been reading for years.
I'd be mad if any of them gets cancelled quick.

Do you know the other manga being replaced in the Japanese version of Weekly Shonen jump? I really hope Naruto's one of them it seems likes it's barreling towards a climax I hope it doesn't drag on much longer.

I'm definitely looking forward to this series. I really enjoyed what I saw of Baccano! and Durarara!!
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:

Has Narita ever written a story with a single main character?
lys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

Has Narita ever written a story with a single main character?

That was my thought too :) I'd be disappointed if he changed his habits now: the large and varied casts are a big part of why I love his work.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Hachi and Koi no Cupid Yakenohara Jin are near locks to be canceled.
Beyond that, the possible scenarios are:
1. No other series get the axe; we see a fluctuation of +2 series running in WSJ. Looking over the past few years, fluctations in size of greater than 1 (in either direction) are rare.
2. Iron Knight also killed off to make it 4 in, 3 out. WSJ's been running at 19 series for the past half a year or so; getting back up to 20 is likely. Iron Knight being the 3rd to go is I think unlikely, as I haven't seen some outrageously bad reaction to it. The only time I can think of where a series got canceled before its 2nd volume in the last 3 years has been Mutou Black (blasted for being a poor, obvious Rurouni Kenshin ripoff). But it just started ranking for real recently and it's off to a bad start.
3. Beelzebub is the one killed off to make it 4 in, 3 out. It started in issue #13 of 2009, so I'm thinking of it ending around its 5th anniversary. It's really the only other likely candidate to get the axe, due to the combination of its recent ratings and how rushed it has been.
4. Both Iron Knight and Beelzebub get cancelled to make it 4 in, 4 out.

Anyway, I'm excited for Stealth Symphony's addition to the lineup. If it's not too dissimilar from the one-shot, it looks to be a fun world at least.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know how far along he is with Durarara!! Yellow Scarves Arc?
lys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Anyone know how far along he is with Durarara!! Yellow Scarves Arc?

I think the novels are already way beyond Yellow Scarves? (I don't actually know, haven't read any of them.) The first volume of Yellow Scarves manga was released in October in Japan. It's my understanding, based on afterwords and such, that the artist writes and draws her own adaptation of the story (of course he'd have to approve it and all but I don't think he's actually scripting each chapter).
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
is there any new manga in shonen jump that similar to Naruto and bleach you know like you have main character and love interest with likable characters and villains with interesting story arcs takes ups 100 chapters and so. I mean where is good manga, I don't like toriko, hunter x hunter and one piece.
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
[quote="shadowsythe13"I mean where is good manga, I don't like toriko, hunter x hunter and one piece.[/quote]

If you don't like Hunter x Hunter and One Piece, then you don't like good manga. i recommend any crap.
JusticeX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for the manga. Hopefully it gets a print release any time soon after it's digital release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1