• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ecchi Romance Manga Sakura Diaries Gets Sequel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partysmores

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote
Well this came out of nowhere.

I liked Sakura Diaries but may need to revisit it, my original experience was "I'm in middle school and HEY LOOK BOOBS!"
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
That's a real blast out of the past. I wonder how it will separate itself in the crowded ecchi market now.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
I just recently watched it (like one week ago), so this news are fun; good thing it will have a different mc, because I really hate the mc of the old sakura diaries.
perroloco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
You guys need to change the news, there is a mistake.
Sakura Diaries was published in Weekly Young Sunday which was a Seinen magazine unlike Weekly Shonen Sunday which is Shonen.
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Getting easily checked facts wrong is par for the course.

It will be interesting to see what the author does to follow up this story. U-jin's tales are interesting.
sburstall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
Guess I'll need to put this AND the first series on "to watch" list.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
Well this came out of nowhere.

I liked Sakura Diaries but may need to revisit it, my original experience was "I'm in middle school and HEY LOOK BOOBS!"

Exactly. I remember hiding this one in my room, only watching it at night when everyone was sleep. I haven't thought about this one in a long time. I don't remember the OVA too well (Touma though...over and over again)...but didn't it just sort of end with no resolution?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

Exactly. I remember hiding this one in my room, only watching it at night when everyone was sleep. I haven't thought about this one in a long time. I don't remember the OVA too well (Touma though...over and over again)...but didn't it just sort of end with no resolution?

Yeah, it pretty much did. I wonder if the manga gave it a satisfactory ending or not? My original experience was much like partysmores, except for the fact that I was in college, but still, BOOBS! Somehow I doubt it would stack up so well on a future rewatch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1