• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bayonetta 2's Story, Gameplay Shown in 'Did You Miss Me?' Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josephthered

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
While the first game was fun I never saw it as one that would move systems... which is what the Wii U needs right now. I don't know if it was a wise decision for Platinum Games to make this a Nintendo exclusive (Sega couldn't publish the game due to financial issues). I would love to grab this but I don't want to buy a Wii U just to do it.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Sega didn't publish the game because they didn't want to and thier deal with Platinum was over. Has nothing to do with money issues on thier part.

As for as if it was smart for Nintendo. Well it gets them some cred(who knows the value) and gives them another exclusive game to add to the bullet point. Helps Platinum at least.

And lets be honest, this game is going to bomb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Sega didn't publish the game because they didn't want to and thier deal with Platinum was over. Has nothing to do with money issues on thier part.

As for as if it was smart for Nintendo. Well it gets them some cred(who knows the value) and gives them another exclusive game to add to the bullet point. Helps Platinum at least.

What a great amount of optimism Rolling Eyes
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
The game will be good, I'm sure. Lets not fool ourselves though. It's on a unpopular system. It's a sequel who's first installment isn't even on the system and it's audience that bought the first one is probably largely on other systems. It's doubtful that the audience that has the system is even that interested in the series. It's a sequel to a game that did ok at best.

It has a lot going against it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Being a Wii U exclusive not named Mario will do that to you.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
The first game was dead the moment the Sarah Palin references began.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Well is got Wii U and i will be getting this. Wii U is a great console with alot of good games avalible and coming. Not wanting to buy a game console with games you want on it is the stupidest thing ever. The gaming media has you kids F***ed up and i truly feel sorry for you.... One day you will have no choice from how this industy is going and i can't wait for that day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
is...that Crispin Freeman voicing the Lumen Sage? I half expect him to say "Summon your demons!" now.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Still mad that SEGA dropped Platinum and took all their IPs.

Just bought Anarchy Reigns and it's an INCREDIBLY addicting game. Now we'll never see a second. Ugh. And now this game is coming only on the WiiU. God dammit.

Platinum is such a good company, why do they get screwed over like this?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
What was Sega supposed to do? Keep publishing thier games that don't sell? It's not like Sega didn't push Vanquish and Bayonetta. Sega didn't really screw them. They gave them a chance especially when thier history at clover probably suggested that wasn't sound. Game them 5 games, 5 chances. It didn't work out that great.

As much as I dislike the Wii U and Nintendo, at least Nintendo is allowing this game to come out.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Still mad that SEGA dropped Platinum and took all their IPs.

Just bought Anarchy Reigns and it's an INCREDIBLY addicting game. Now we'll never see a second. Ugh. And now this game is coming only on the WiiU. God dammit.

Platinum is such a good company, why do they get screwed over like this?

Because the real world kinda sucks (doesn't help that their titles were released when SEGA was going through a wonky phase). Luckily Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2 from death so it's at least coming out.
xeroth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Wasn't Bayonetta popular?
http://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-breaks-one-million-sales-162656.phtml

I loved the game but yeah, don't own a Wii U and not going to buy one just for this...
It would have been amazing on the PS4 Sad
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
xeroth wrote:
Wasn't Bayonetta popular?
http://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-breaks-one-million-sales-162656.phtml

I loved the game but yeah, don't own a Wii U and not going to buy one just for this...
It would have been amazing on the PS4 Sad

Then go complain to Sony and about every other publisher for not picking it up.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing left to say. This will bomb like every other Wii U game, the end.
josephthered

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Well is got Wii U and i will be getting this. Wii U is a great console with alot of good games avalible and coming. Not wanting to buy a game console with games you want on it is the stupidest thing ever. The gaming media has you kids F***ed up and i truly feel sorry for you.... One day you will have no choice from how this industy is going and i can't wait for that day.

Thats the problem, there aren't enough good games (IMO) to warrant me buying the system. Furthermore, there isn't anything coming to the system in the future that appeals to me. I don't pay attention to what the media tells me regarding games. If that were the case I'd own every Halo game where that series has no appeal for me either. Not saying its a bad game/series, just not for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2