• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime submission titles that are ignored

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:31 am Reply with quote
Hi, sending in another question-

I have submitted around 4 anime titles. Two of them were new titles for the spring season... The reason I had submitted them was because there was no page yet. However, these submissions were completely ignored, and pages were made anyway around a month's time later. Now I have titles in the submission list that I myself have marked as erroneous due to them now being invalid.

On the other hand, I also have manga and anime title submissions that have been in there for around (or over) a year or two.

I guess I can't ask a question, but instead address this issue. I figured bringing the problem to our beloved editor's attentions was the best thing I could do in this situation.

Thanks!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I know that the submission queues are huge, so it's a matter of prioritizing things. And there's always the chance that someone else had already submitted the anime that you had.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
A tip for increasing the priority of your submission: follow-up a submission with an error(*) report, providing more details within the it, then select "new anime/manga submission is ACCURATE" and submit the report. With 200+ anime and 1600+ manga submissions in the queue, it's only natural for editors looking up those submissions with more positive backings first.

*While technically an "error" report, one can vote either yea or nay.

mewpudding101 wrote:
Now I have titles in the submission list that I myself have marked as erroneous due to them now being invalid.

Please PM me with details, TIA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Of course, the one big problem is that one guy who votes accurate with just "I agree" on everything, throwing off the vote counts without actually providing anything useful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
Replying to everything...
- I check the list for any duplicates every single time I add anything.

- I always mark it with an accurate report after I submit it. All of the titles I've currently submitted are marked by me with an accurate report (and have been for over a year for some of them).

I just think that this system needs to be revised.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Dan is currently working on Encyc 2.0 which will revise this system. Now that ANN 5.0 is "finished" Encyc 2.0 is his major focus for the rest of the year.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Dan is currently working on Encyc 2.0 which will revise this system. Now that ANN 5.0 is "finished" Encyc 2.0 is his major focus for the rest of the year.

Good to hear that there's progress being made! Thanks for the update! Very Happy
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

Good to hear that there's progress being made! Thanks for the update! Very Happy

I can't give details yet, but in March-April I'll be holing myself up in a mountain hermitage in Japan to ponder and formulate and architect the design of Encyclopedia 2.0

I should have something mildly interesting by May.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

I can't give details yet, but in March-April I'll be holing myself up in a mountain hermitage in Japan to ponder and formulate and architect the design of Encyclopedia 2.0

I should have something mildly interesting by May.

Ooh, so you'll be joining me in Japan! I am excited to see what comes out of your hermitage. :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1