• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Ninja Slayer Broadcast Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gardevoir7

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
They're actually dubbing this? Well ... that's interesting.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
I gotta hear more,but it's shaping up to be quite a hammy dub Laughing. It kinda reminds of the type of dub you would hear on one of Godfrey Ho's ninja film This will probably fit the show even better,considering the satire it is.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
ADR director is Tyler Walker...

I'm sold, everything I see him direct is practically gold, I'm exaggerating but you get the point.

The Fairy Tail Dub, Toriko, Is this a Zombie, Shangra La, all great dubs.

Also what's the over under that his wife has a role in this, she has a role in like everything he does, not that I'm complaining, Heather has a lovely voice.

Ninja slayer isn't for me but i might check out an episode or two to see how it is, i like Sabat so I'll probably be into it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I loved those dubs.

Themaster20000 wrote:
I gotta hear more,but it's shaping up to be quite a hammy dub Laughing. It kinda reminds of the type of dub you would hear on one of Godfrey Ho's ninja film This will probably fit the show even better,considering the satire it is.

Yeah, I hope it's pretty hammy lol.

Also, Kent Williams narrating should be hilarious.

I imagine Sabat's gonna have a ton of fun with this, and I have to say when he said "to die!" he almost sounded exactly like Crispin Freeman Very Happy

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
People were saying this show is ass because it didn't live up to its animation in the trailer. But I think this show is great. AND I love that battlecry.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Even though I knew very little of the show beyond the basic premise, I still expected Sabat as the lead.
TwitchingFool0

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I think it sounds great! Can't wait to watch it.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
FUN FACT: Offender-san's Death Haiku is an actual legit 5-7-5 haiku.

The fact that they actually put the extra effort into that just makes it better. Laughing
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
FUN FACT: Offender-san's Death Haiku is an actual legit 5-7-5 haiku.

That's neat, but what does he say after "I dont want to die"? I cant understand what he says after that
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
That's neat, but what does he say after "I don't want to die"? I can't understand what he says after that

"I don't want to die!
I'd do almost anything
To go on living!"

Then when Ninja Slayer chops his head off he screams "SAYONARA!!"
macattack

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Also what's the over under that his wife has a role in this, she has a role in like everything he does, not that I'm complaining, Heather has a lovely voice.

I think it's kind of sweet he does that for her, as long as he doesn't cast her in a role that she's not capable of pulling off.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Geez, the dub is so friggin' hilarious, possibly even better than the Japanese version.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I think it's kind of sweet he does that for her, as long as he doesn't cast her in a role that she's not capable of pulling off.

I still think he did a great job casting her as Mary Hughes in Fairy Tail, and the commentary explaining why she got the role is great.

Tyler hated the character so much he could barely write it, so Heather offered to play the character to see if that could make him hate the character less.

He usually gives her a small role or an animal, Kruppo the bird in Toriko, Angelica the giant Rat in Fairy Tail, Gemi in Fairy tail has like 75 lines in the whole series cause it spends time as someone else and takes there voice more often than not.

I don't know who directed Maken-Ki but i think that's like the only show Heather has a named role in in which her husband wasn't the director. She been additional voices for One Piece and some other shows.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I still think he did a great job casting her as Mary Hughes in Fairy Tail, and the commentary explaining why she got the role is great.

Tyler hated the character so much he could barely write it, so Heather offered to play the character to see if that could make him hate the character less.

Did it end up working?

Joel was the director for Maken-ki
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Did it end up working?

Joel was the director for Maken-ki

I think he said he still wasn't a fan of the character cause she spoke like a teenager but Heather in the role made him hate it less.

Mary speaks like a Vally girl/Teenager, using Like and saying Totes all the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3