• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Licenses Noragami manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! I've been really enjoying the anime and as far as I am aware the scanalations aren't that far for Noragami. So even if we get an anime original end, which is likely due to anime only characters bring added... The full story will be available in English!

Looks like I've got another series to pick up now!
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
So even if we get an anime original end, which is likely due to anime only characters bring added...

Really? Which are anime only?

If anything thats a relief to me, I prefer original endings to "go read the manga" cliffhanger endings to anime that usually never get second seasons

Also, awesome pick up! I'll definitely be getting this Smile
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME! I'm loving the anime so I'll most likely buy the manga when it's released.
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I've really been enjoying the anime and the mangacaps I've seen posted look really cool.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:
So even if we get an anime original end, which is likely due to anime only characters bring added...

Really? Which are anime only?

If anything thats a relief to me, I prefer original endings to "go read the manga" cliffhanger endings to anime that usually never get second seasons

Also, awesome pick up! I'll definitely be getting this Smile

The anime original character is spoiler[the skull wearing guy who appeared behind Nora in the latest episode. He seems really important for an anime original character. So I imagine the plot will deviate a bit.]

I have to agree though, even if the ending is different, I prefer some sort of closure, and every BONES series I can think of that are based off of a continuing work always seems to have a solid ending, ie Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Noragami did as well!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Been really enjoying the anime so far, so it's cool that this will be available here too.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Excited!

I've been enjoying the anime, but am really curious to what the manga is like. Particularly because the former is set to deviate from the source material. Actually, it seems ready to go anime original.

Out of curiosity, how far has the anime reached in relation to the manga? Also, I know the episodes have already made some small changes to the story flow; can anyone point them out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1