• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NY Int'l Children's Film Fest to Host Giovanni's Island International Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Very surprised that this became a last minute entry for the festival. The coincidence of ANN posting the info and interview and then the film gets added to the list last night. I'll definitely be there. Just printed out my ticket. I wish the director could have made an appearance. I'll be seeing Patema as well that night. Looks like 5/22 is going to be a very busy weekend of screenings for me. Now if I can get someone to buy my Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart ticket.

I will admit that I'm not really that pleased with this year's NYICFF. Not a lot of substance. Not like the previous years.

But this definitely needs to win an award and get a US release here.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Why did they have to screen Giovanni's Island during Anime Boston weekend? I can't do this one. Sad

Fortunately, they opened more tickets for Patema Inverted. I would never forgive myself for getting shut out for no good reason.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
Ugh. Why did they have to screen Giovanni's Island during Anime Boston weekend? I can't do this one. Sad

Fortunately, they opened more tickets for Patema Inverted. I would never forgive myself for getting shut out for no good reason.

I truly understand your pain. My problem was just getting a schedule together, had everything picked out and then "BAM" Giovanni's Island pops up at the last minute leaving with an extra ticket for a feature that I won't be able to attend. I wanted to see it, then it sold out even though it didn't update on the site, then it pops up the next day, I buy it. So no my schedule is back to how I planned it. Then Giovanni's Island shows up. Yes, with all my glee finally getting a chance to see all the films I had planned to see fall into place only to be short lived because now I can't attend two films that run 15 mins apart. Now I've lost money. But at the same time, you're frantic waiting for the right time to buy, and pray that nothing sells out until you finally decide.

I'm glad I'm getting the chance to see GI. I just wish they had added this on a different day of the festival it would have been more convenient for me.

Ugggh. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1