• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation June 2014 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI & FUNimation Shop...

via FUNimation Shop <exclusive> (http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=87719)
  • Attack on Titan, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo Collector's Edition) - 325 minutes - $128.98 - $63/14
    Quote:
    Special Features: 4-pin collection (Military Police Regiment, Scout Regiment, Garrison Regiment, and Cadet Corps), a replica of Eren Jaeger’s key necklace, a sword necklace featuring the Titan flesh paring blades, a 3-D lenticular Art Card, Notes From Beyond the Wall: Part 1 (24 page digibook), and 104 minutes of on-disc extras including: The Making of Attack on Titan, Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly! Days 1-13, Episode 3 & 13 Commentaries, Eyecatch Gallery, Textless Songs, Trailers

via Walmart.com <exclusive> (different UPC than the other SKUs listed thus far)

via TRSI & FUNimation Shop...

Last edited by WTK on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the days when we thought Evangelion 3.33 would be out in February...

Better make up my mind whether I want the premium release of Titan...this is one title where it's a matter of WHEN it will sell out.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I might go ahead and pre-order Titan now since I'm sure it will sell out in no time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
The regular edition of Attack on Titan will be fine for me. $40 extra for a 3-D Lenticular and 24 page "digibook"? Pass.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I preordered AoT right away too, just in case. I look forward to it's release date being pushed back in the coming months Anime hyper

Joking aside, I'm hyped for it Smile
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The regular edition of Attack on Titan will be fine for me. $40 extra for a 3-D Lenticular and 24 page "digibook"? Pass.

At TRSI the difference in price is $24. I am not big on extras, but I pre-ordered the LE because I want the storage box, which might not be offered with the regular editions.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I probably wont buy this series
it was shocking, but not something I care to experience again
I have the mikasa figma though and the sound track is still cool
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I may actually rewatch the first season of AoT before ordering. I wasn't too crazy about its pace at times and the damn panning over still shots was driving me crazy. It maybe more palatable the second time around (or more annoying), so I want to give it another viewing before deciding.

Yea, didn't Funi say they wanted to put Eva in more theaters before releasing it on disc? Heh, yea I wonder...
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
How about the uncut release of Sankarea (this one could be a late solicitation candidate for earlier month)?

I have the LE box set but haven't watched it yet. I know that two (of the three) OVA episodes aren't included and I've read that certain scenes throughout the series are censored on the release. Would the uncut version include the other OVAs and uncensor whatever 'objectionable' content there is?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:58 am Reply with quote
I'd want to see pictures of the AoT LE box before I pre-order it, but I'm slightly worried that it might be gone if I wait to long. Probably best that I pre-order it as soon as possible.

And I'm definitely getting Red Data Girl. I loved that show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Blood- wrote:

At TRSI the difference in price is $24. I am not big on extras, but I pre-ordered the LE because I want the storage box, which might not be offered with the regular editions.

That's obviously a better price spread. Eh, it's my policy to generally wait until two-part releases are available as single collections because that is so much cheaper than being a Day 1 buyer. (Especially if that single collection happens to be a S.A.V.E. title).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
I think Titan might actually sell out of the 7500 units! I wouldn't be surprised if people were buying extra copies to hold on to for out of print resale. FUNimation has a huge hit on their hands.

I'm no longer holding out for Eva 3.33 to be released in the states. I bought a JP BD first pressing copy a few months back so I'm good. I'll probably buy a domestic version when it pops up to hear the dub. I tried to make it to the final dubbed showing in Tempe but I couldn't find a short notice babysitter :< boo
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
The page for the AOT Limited Edition on rightstuf doesn't mention "limited 7500 units" anymore, wonder if they decided to do more?
InuYashaCrusade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for AoT is so cheap. I'm probably going to have to pick it up for only $30. I figured it would be closer to $50 or so.

The limited edition release doesn't have anything I think is worth spending extra money on, so I'll stick to the standard BD/DVD combo for now.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered 2 AoT LEs. I'll see what the market is like after it's released and hopefully resell one of them for a decent profit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4