• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aya Hirano Briefly Returns to Twitter

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
So can anybody translate what Aya was saying on Twitter what she was talking about. Some of us would like to know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
I knew she couldn't stay away for long. Misses all that love and devotion. Laughing
barrelroller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
So can anybody translate what Aya was saying on Twitter what she was talking about. Some of us would like to know.

Google Translate is your friend... well, for the most part it tries to be. Wink

It's hard to believe that's been almost a decade since the Haruhi frenzy went loose and here we are in 2014 where almost nobody talks about it anymore.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
barrelroller wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Google Translate is your friend... well, for the most part it tries to be. Wink

Yeah well I don't have time and I'm too lazy to do it for the fans, but if anybody can do it, well go for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Her new album is actually really good. It sounds like she has more control over the kind of music she wants to perform, which may be thanks to her newer, more lenient label Universal. For once, she actually sounds like a real singer rather than a seiyuu trying to do music on the side. I think whatever damage was done to her career (which, BTW, was a total double-standards complaint from some of her "fans") can be fixed with "vivid."
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Her new album is actually really good. It sounds like she has more control over the kind of music she wants to perform, which may be thanks to her newer, more lenient label Universal. For once, she actually sounds like a real singer rather than a seiyuu trying to do music on the side. I think whatever damage was done to her career (which, BTW, was a total double-standards complaint from some of her "fans") can be fixed with "vivid."

Her career as a legit seiyuu is over no matter what she does. She could potentially make it as a music artist now, though.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Who cares? Aya was never that great of a voice actress, and the cult of personality surrounding her is ridiculous. Her fans are silly, and her more vitriolic detractors are just as. Can we not just forget about her and move on?
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
omnistry wrote:

Her career as a legit seiyuu is over no matter what she does. She could potentially make it as a music artist now, though.

Not really with the kind of sales this woman gets, wonder what she is "doing" Laughing to get backed to produce "music" that sell as terribly as hers.

Apollo-kun wrote:
Who cares? Aya was never that great of a voice actress, and the cult of personality surrounding her is ridiculous. Her fans are silly, and her more vitriolic detractors are just as. Can we not just forget about her and move on?

Agreed. But well, you know what kind of fans she had in her prime.

At least in the anime medium she is done for. And her music career is merely a joke.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
barrelroller wrote:
It's hard to believe that's been almost a decade since the Haruhi frenzy went loose and here we are in 2014 where almost nobody talks about it anymore.
Honestly, nobody should've talked about it in the first place. I was never really a fan of her work, always felt she was pretty overrated, but the fact that her career was literally destroyed because of her personal life is ridiculous.

It's like those idols that have to skulk around in secret, because they aren't "allowed" to have relationships, since they're supposed appear "pure" or whatever. As if anyone would believe that these kids that are 15+ are going to be these pure, chaste maidens for the entirety of their career, which could last years. Oh wait, these idol otaku do.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I love Aya Hirano on account of her being super-cute (imo). I also dug her work as Lucy in Fairy Tail.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I love Aya Hirano on account of her being super-cute (imo).

That's pretty much the only thing going for her when she's teenager. Sometimes when fans say good voice-acting, they just mean she's cute. But now that she's older, she doesn't really have even that anymore, and fans realize that yeah maybe that clouded their judgement back then.
Yause

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:

It's like those idols that have to skulk around in secret, because they aren't "allowed" to have relationships, since they're supposed appear "pure" or whatever. As if anyone would believe that these kids that are 15+ are going to be these pure, chaste maidens for the entirety of their career, which could last years. Oh wait, these idol otaku do.

I doubt they genuinely believe it.

The industry sells a dream to otaku, and the onus is on the idol to preserve that fantasy. It isn't that fans presume purity, but the possibility exists until proven otherwise (and some are always on the prowl to expose a "scandal" because they love the ensuing storm). Destroying the illusion means the end.

Sometimes the presumption is even the opposite. Otaku theorize some kind of scandal with the performer sleeping with a producer to get the gig. But as you know, innocent until proven guilty, so the possibility of chastity survives.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
One thing people often forget about idols (and one of the main reasons Aikatsu is starting to overtake Precure as the biggest show among young girls) is that idols are also role models for young girls in Japan... they look up to them. So if idols are getting into sex scandals and all of that junk, then they lose the good image that their young fans have of them, and parents don't want any part of that as well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Blood- wrote:

I love Aya Hirano on account of her being super-cute (imo).

But now that she's older, she doesn't really have even that anymore...

I suppose I can understand someone feeling that way...

...if they had no eyeballs and utterly shit taste. I think she's a gorgeous woman, so too bad for the ephebophile rejects who don't think any female past the age of 16 can be beautiful.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
You don't have to be a fan, but don't be a dick. She's had it tough lately, after all.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11