Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Ad Previews LiSA's Opening Song


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kanjineogeo



Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it won't be as how Sword Art Online did. Since I found the light novel first. The MC male is like Lelouch form Code Geass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kano-kun



Joined: 22 Feb 2014
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Seeing more of the anime looks interesting will definitely watch this besides I like LiSA's songs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ignatz
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 742
Location: Lithuania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably going to state the obvious, but that opening theme sounds almost exacly the same as SAO's. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 5891
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
I'm probably going to state the obvious, but that opening theme sounds almost exacly the same as SAO's. Confused


I'm sure that was intentional. Mahouka has more than a few things in common with SAO and considering how popular SAO is, they'd want to ride those coat tails.

That said, Mahouka avoids a lot of elements that SAO was criticized for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
martinic



Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
The problem with SAO was that the novel was never made in a format that can be easily adapted to anime because of it's messed up timeline at the begining.

Mahouka has it's clearly seperated story arcs and no sudden time skips or filler side stories like SAO which makes it easyer to animate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 2819
Location: earth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
if you don't like SAO because the MC is too strong, you won't like this one also.

Vaisaga wrote:
Ignatz wrote:
I'm probably going to state the obvious, but that opening theme sounds almost exacly the same as SAO's. Confused


I'm sure that was intentional. Mahouka has more than a few things in common with SAO and considering how popular SAO is, they'd want to ride those coat tails.

That said, Mahouka avoids a lot of elements that SAO was criticized for.


are you sure that's a good thing. Maybe those are the elements that make SAO very popular.


Last edited by Spotlesseden on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeo1fan



Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Posts: 936

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
This looks so boring, but I might actually watch it to hear that score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Pariston_Hill



Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to the anime and the opening song sounds good Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thaivuN



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Will be interesting how the anime will handle the magic techno-babble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrownKlown



Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 1012

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Kind of funny how people mention SAO. If you watch Accel World carefully, which is essentially a SAO sequel, there is a big poster on top of one of the buildings with Tatsuya and Miyuki when Haru is meeting the otter girl.

That said, this show has absolutely nothing in common with SAO. Honestly the best description I can give of this show is Full Metal Panic with magic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustKiddiing



Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Well considering that Kawahara Reki DID write an afterword for MKnR's first novel, the novelists are probably quite good friends.
Plus the story is really good, and i hope they animate the second arc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4213

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Plus the story is really good,


lolno

This LN is quite possibly the worst LN to ever exist. Ever. It takes everything terrible about SAO--Marty Stu protag, godawful masturbatory writing, and other assorted bullshit--and ramps it up to 11 with a MC so broken and SPESHUL SNOWFLEYK the entire story reads like a 12-year-old's violent and bitter mental masturbation, and heaping dose of intense racism as well (for those who haven't read the books, the protag spoiler[literally nukes China twice for literally no [expletive] reason whatsoever]).

There is literally nothing good about Mahouka. At all. The fact that it got published and sells wells speaks volumes about how utterly fucked the LN market is in general. It basically is the ultimate LN--a masturbatory godawful piece of fanfic-tier marty stu bullshit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Randomfart



Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
Plus the story is really good,


lolno

This LN is quite possibly the worst LN to ever exist. Ever. It takes everything terrible about SAO--Marty Stu protag, godawful masturbatory writing, and other assorted bullshit--and ramps it up to 11 with a MC so broken and SPESHUL SNOWFLEYK the entire story reads like a 12-year-old's violent and bitter mental masturbation, and heaping dose of intense racism as well (for those who haven't read the books, the protag spoiler[literally nukes China twice for literally no [expletive] reason whatsoever]).

There is literally nothing good about Mahouka. At all. The fact that it got published and sells wells speaks volumes about how utterly fucked the LN market is in general. It basically is the ultimate LN--a masturbatory godawful piece of fanfic-tier marty stu bullshit.


Is this satire? You're doing a spot on impression of an unreasonable, rabid and unstable fanboy with nothing to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jojothepunisher



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 431

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
Randomfart wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
Plus the story is really good,


lolno

This LN is quite possibly the worst LN to ever exist. Ever. It takes everything terrible about SAO--Marty Stu protag, godawful masturbatory writing, and other assorted bullshit--and ramps it up to 11 with a MC so broken and SPESHUL SNOWFLEYK the entire story reads like a 12-year-old's violent and bitter mental masturbation, and heaping dose of intense racism as well (for those who haven't read the books, the protag spoiler[literally nukes China twice for literally no [expletive] reason whatsoever]).
Look at his profile. He made an account on ANN just to make this post.

There is literally nothing good about Mahouka. At all. The fact that it got published and sells wells speaks volumes about how utterly fucked the LN market is in general. It basically is the ultimate LN--a masturbatory godawful piece of fanfic-tier marty stu bullshit.


Is this satire? You're doing a spot on impression of an unreasonable, rabid and unstable fanboy with nothing to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Instinctz



Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 58
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
i'm sorry but when spoiler[did they "nuke" china twice? they didn't even "nuke" china once. it was SOUTH KOREA that got "nuked" and it was once]

the MC Isn't a Gary Stu spoiler[most people in the world consider a true magician someone who can alter or create phenomenons, the MC, can do neither, he can only RECREATE or Decompose (destroy), as such, his usefulness to society outside of war is actually very limited, since using his recreation magic has a 24 hour limit (IE: he can regrow someones limb, but only if that limb was lost within 24 hours, and it causes him INTENSE amounts of pain to do so. his ability to use other magic is so dismal that he ends up being considered a boon on his family, and due to his low ability to use other magic he ends up being placed in the lower half of the magic high school classes. on the flip side, he is incredibly smart, but again, even then he has his weaknesses, which are noted again and again in the light novels. ]


as for his "racism" as you say it is: spoiler[ the country he nuked had already invaded once in the past, had invaded again, just before he did it, and was PREPARING to invade again, he was authorized, by the JSDF to destroy the Naval Fleet that was preparing to invade his homeland. so let me ask you this mister bitter person: if someone had invaded your homeland twice, and was preparing to do so a third time, and you had the means to wipe out the fleet they were going to use to invade, would you do so? i know i would.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group