• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Higurashi: When They Cry GN 23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
It is a disturbing thought indeed that I must have put in nearly £300 for all the Higurashi and its side story manga to date. That in of itself could be a symptom of the Hinamizawa syndrome.

I am up to volume five of Umineko. My poor bank account Crying or Very sad
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad YP stuck with it. Can't believe it's been nearly 6 years since they started!

I hope the sales are good enough to warrant releases of the other side story arcs. Higurashi didn't appear on the Tilting at Windmills end-of-the-year Bookscan list, though it did in years prior. Of course, Bookscan doesn't cover all venues manga may be sold at...
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
How does the anime compare to the manga? I'm thinking about reading this instead.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
How does the anime compare to the manga? I'm thinking about reading this instead.

The manga is much more in depth than story building, characters, and art wise. While I still love to watch the anime it has horrible drops in frame-rate/animation along with cuts in certain arcs that leave your head scratching. So in short yes read the manga instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Can't speak for the manga, but I freaking loved the anime. I have only seen the first part though, not kai, but I would assume that it is just as good. The animation isn't the best, but everything else about it makes up for it.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

The manga is much more in depth than story building, characters, and art wise. While I still love to watch the anime it has horrible drops in frame-rate/animation along with cuts in certain arcs that leave your head scratching. So in short yes read the manga instead.
Plus the manga is actually easily available. I'm still bitter Kai never got licensed. I have season 1, but it's pretty much useless without season 2 to conclude the story. It's still the only show for which I've watched a fansub.
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Plus the manga is actually easily available. I'm still bitter Kai never got licensed. I have season 1, but it's pretty much useless without season 2 to conclude the story. It's still the only show for which I've watched a fansub.

Higurashi Kai is licensed by Australian distributor Siren Visual.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1