• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Steins;Gate in the Madoka Magica universe (and vice versa).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxtropica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
In this post I will not be describing proof as to why they are in the same universe, but as to why they could be, and are in my eyes.

On Reading Steiner:
The idea behind the Reading Steiner ability is consistant throught Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate. This is only refrenced once in Madoka Magica, (Although it is not a direct refrence) in episode one- Madoka has a hazy memory of a previous Homu VS Walpurgis battle. This is a small detail, but helps in the big picture. This does not contradict what Okaba deduced: That everyone had some from of Reading Steiner.

On Worldlines:
The idea of Worldlines in Steins;Gate is correct. This also makes sense as the "ties to fate" that Madoka has, giving her the large potential she had. Every time Homura restarted, she created a new sub-worldline, which explains how Madoka's form of Reading Steiner gave her the memory of a worldline in a dream. If Homura was restarting a timeline, then the timeline would be erased, the exsistance of what had happened would be null, and it would be impossible for Madoka to "remember" the Walpurgis VS Homura battle.
This also does not contridict Steins;Gate, nor Madoka Magica.

On Magic:
Incubator technology is so advanced compared to ours in 2012 (Except for time travel) that all of this advance tech would seem like magic to humans, correct? Well, it is possible that Kyuubey adopted the term "Magical Girl" because their technology that created "Magical Girls" seemed like magic from a human's perspective. So, basicaly, it is "Science Girls" rather than "Magical Girls". But, of course, this all depends on where you draw the line between Science and Magic, if there is one at all.

On Time Travel:
Homura "restarted" hundreds of times, yet she never grew older- Almost as if her memories were traveling back into the time of the newly created worldline, rather than her physical form, like Okabe did.
Since Incubaters do not use magic (See above) but rather use Science, it is very possible that the development of Incubator time travel in 2012 is on par to human time travel in 2007. Of course, this means that they could have possibly created this technology hundreds of years ago, or just in 2012. Either way, though, at least humans have been equal to Incubators in one field at one point in time. (2012)

I have seen no contridictions in these statements- If you do, please tell me and I will attempt to fix it.
This isn't much evidence, and I'm not sure if I explained it very well- It makes sense to me. If something I have typed seems cryptic, please tell me and I will attempt to fix it.

Last edited by boxtropica on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
IT'S LIKE COCAIN IN THE FANTA UNIVERSE
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
I don't see it personally, but you've certainly made some interesting observations.
Mami Melody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Then creepy cellphone girl must clearly have been kissed by a witch. Maybe a magical girl was busy destroying that witch so Moeka wouldn't kill herself. Razz
boxtropica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
Mami Melody wrote:
Then creepy cellphone girl must clearly have been kissed by a witch. Maybe a magical girl was busy destroying that witch so Moeka wouldn't kill herself. Razz

I don't think she was- FB was her motovation, and she wasn't creepy- Just anti-social. Interesting idea, though.
Mami Melody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I was totally creeped out by her. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1