• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Director's Chair Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Quick question~ Is it okay to send it as a .pdf? And what would be the specifications for that (like which version >_> obviously, highest quality)?

inDesign was not made for exporting as jpeg apparently.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Cave wrote:
Quick question~ Is it okay to send it as a .pdf? And what would be the specifications for that (like which version >_> obviously, highest quality)?

inDesign was not made for exporting as jpeg apparently.

Uh... that's fine... is there no way you can screencap it and dump it into Photoshop or whatever and make a .jpg out of it? Because if you don't do that, I'm going to have to, and extra work on my behalf is not good news for your entry.
Cave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh neat. Did not know Photoshop could read .pdf. >_> These programs make my brain hurt.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm sory about asking a thousand questions but if we dont want people knowing our real names can we just put our SN for ANN or do you want more Question
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I have a probably repeat question so sorry if i sound like a broken record....but.....
I just got a new lap top (my first computer) so I no longer have to use the ones at work which means that i can now do future contests like this one. I noticed that everyone keeps talking about Photoshop. Is this a good program to do graphics like the ones required for this contest and the past build a ninja or is there other prograns that can do art work, coloring, lettering, layout, edits ect? I don't have a scaner yet so hand drawing is out of the question for now so doing drawings on the computer is also o.k. for me. any help would be great! And again sorry if this is a repeat question.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
I'm sory about asking a thousand questions but if we don't want people knowing our real names can we just put our SN for ANN or do you want more Question

As incredulous as I am that people are sincerely still worried about people knowing your real names - nobody cares who you are, by the way, and nothing ill will come of you sending me your real name or having it published on the site - I will simply put whatever nickname you want in quotes, provided your entry is actually published.

I don't know why people are still uppity about having their real names out there. Unless you're actually a politician or a celebrity or something, nobody cares who you are.
omarroms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
this sucks, i've been sick for the past couple of days and school homework to do and i couldn't work on my entry (got as far the the planning stage). oh well maybe i'll enter the next contest (hope the next one is something i can do).
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Wait, Zac, are the submissions due tonight in about 8 hours?! Because if they are, then I'm royally fucked! Any reply on this very soon would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Wait, Zac, are the submissions due tonight in about 8 hours?! Because if they are, then I'm royally fucked! Any reply on this very soon would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

No, they're due tomorrow at midnight, not tonight.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Ok, thank you, Zac. I was rushing my artwork up 'til now so that I could get it done by 3AM here on the East Coast. It's way too messy and rushed, and I'd probably stand no chance if I submitted it now. Thankfully I have a little more time to work.
Wolfio1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah, almost finished! Anime smile All I need is text and some color touch-up...

I swear, the next contest I enter I will do the moment I hear about it. No procrastination!

I'm looking forward to seeing the winning entries. I want to see how creative people are, either with art or with humor.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Is it possible to know how many entries there were?
I want to know how much of a chance I had.
Cave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime Toy wrote:
I have a probably repeat question so sorry if i sound like a broken record....but.....
I just got a new lap top (my first computer) so I no longer have to use the ones at work which means that i can now do future contests like this one. I noticed that everyone keeps talking about Photoshop. Is this a good program to do graphics like the ones required for this contest and the past build a ninja or is there other prograns that can do art work, coloring, lettering, layout, edits ect? I don't have a scaner yet so hand drawing is out of the question for now so doing drawings on the computer is also o.k. for me. any help would be great! And again sorry if this is a repeat question.

You can scan and color images in Photoshop. I guess digitally "ink" them too (I've never done this...). Just remember that Photoshop is exactly what the name implies. You're supposed to edit photos/pictures in there. Adobe inDesign is where you're supposed to actually lay out everything like text and whatnot. (And Illustrator is, obviously, for vector illustrations.)

It takes a bit to get used to, so I say practice a lot. :)
Kimyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quote
Did anyone go so far as to make websites for their movie ideas???
Prax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I know I didn't make a website. XD
I'm not that crazy (and hopefully no one else was crazy enough to do that.. I mean.. all within 2 weeks?!).

I did make some awesome--*not really*--teaser posters because it was an idea that came up earlier in the thread and I had extra time though (because I was also confused about the deadline--I thought it was supposed to be near 11:59pm Sunday, not 11:59pm Monday).

Anyone wanna see?

Or maybe it's better to wait until after the whole contest is over for everyone to "show their cards", so to speak. XD

Last edited by Prax on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7