• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
U.S. companies entries for The Tale of Princess Kauya and Short Peace?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey anyone on Anime News Network can you put that Sentai Filmworks has licensed Short Peace for America and GKIDS has licensed The Tale of Princess Kayua for American theaters on thier Anime News Network pages please? For Short Peace, can you (if you want) have all the short movies have Licesend by: Sentai Filmworks?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Done. I've added GKids as "Distributor" as I'm not 100% sure if it should be entered as "Licensed by".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey can anyone put this on Kaguya-hime no Monogatari's page? That it is going to be licsend by GKids in America and here is proof: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-12/gkids-to-release-the-tale-of-the-princess-kaguya-in-north-america
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
As I said, the difference of definition between "Distributor" and "Licensed by" can be small but still significant and difficult to quantify. If you check GKids' DVD catalog you'll see titles like The Cat Returns and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time; GKids is the distributor, not the licensee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I would go one further and list them as Distributor with a precision of "Theatrical".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1