• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bump of Chicken and Hatsune Miku Collaborate for Duet and Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
I dont care about Vocaloid too much, but as my favorite band ever, BUMP has really surprised me with this. I watched the original version awhile ago when the first uploaded it and loved it, but the Miku version is pretty awesome too. Actually worked really well as a duet.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
That was sweet
Shiggity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I don't care about Vocaloid too much, but as my favorite band ever, BUMP has really surprised me with this. I watched the original version awhile ago when the first uploaded it and loved it, but the Miku version is pretty awesome too. Actually worked really well as a duet.

Hell yes the duet is good. I love Miku et al and I don't mind BoC either. Well done BoC-tachi!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Shiggity wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
I don't care about Vocaloid too much, but as my favorite band ever, BUMP has really surprised me with this. I watched the original version awhile ago when the first uploaded it and loved it, but the Miku version is pretty awesome too. Actually worked really well as a duet.

Hell yes the duet is good. I love Miku et al and I don't mind BoC either. Well done BoC-tachi!
Fujiwara (vocalist/lyricist) is a poet. The lyrics to BoC songs are just godly. That's probably the main reason why they are my favorite band, along with just how well the compositions flow. Vocaloids are hit and miss for me but that's pretty much because there's so many different composers and such involved. This video is an obvious example of one I really like. Others would include most of supercell's stuff, livetune, and a few of the other"mainstream" names, which very few smaller names. The high notes on vocaloids are what usually kills songs for me.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
As a techy myself I love the concept and execution of the circular projection. I knew about Bump from J-MELO on NHK World. I love the model design of Miku, but it sounds like they used her V2 programme instead of V3, not that that was a bad thing. Good piece too. Wink
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
As a BoC fan (waiting for my Ray preorder to show up sometime in the next week or so), I strongly prefer the original version. That other "voice" is... distracting to me. But if it brings more folks to the BoC fandom, it's okay. No one's forcing me to listen to that version, after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1