• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Anime's 30-Second Ad Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
Prunus Trick wrote:
Mahouka is pretty damn … prude, I guess? As you can see from the character designs, every bit of flesh is covered. Bare shanks are almost the epitome of fanservice in Mahouka (and are celebrated as such), it’s very light on harem elements too, most girls have or get their respective partners. Very monogamous.

Galap wrote:
It's funny because to your average person, I'd think that something with those elements in it would illicit a pretty strong 'lolol japan' response.

Mahouka is totally not (tm) incest because she isn’t romantically interested in her brother. Really. (lol)

But yeah, when did that siscon stuff become so mainstream?

About 1684 according to Wikipedia.
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
It does have siscon-brocon stuff,
It does have harem tendencies,
But that's not the reason most people reading the LN or manga. If you wanna see a series with action, secret organization in a big scale and the war between them, special ability, overqualified main chara(s), and god-knows-so-many-things-the-author-wrote-about-its-worlds-tools-ability-lineage-systems-blablabla-so-detail-that-many-of its-LN-readers-wonder-what-will they-do-to-cover-that-explanation-in-the-anime, try this...
Instinctz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
gilg4mesh wrote:
It does have siscon-brocon stuff,
It does have harem tendencies,
But that's not the reason most people reading the LN or manga. If you wanna see a series with action, secret organization in a big scale and the war between them, special ability, overqualified main chara(s), and god-knows-so-many-things-the-author-wrote-about-its-worlds-tools-ability-lineage-systems-blablabla-so-detail-that-many-of its-LN-readers-wonder-what-will they-do-to-cover-that-explanation-in-the-anime, try this...

spoiler[
the harem stuff is largely sidestepped. honestly the main character has at best 3 girls interested in him romantically, 1 of them is his sister, who he feels nothing but brotherly love for, another he told the truth of the matter, and she is looking to move on, and 1 of them is in question. ]

as a matter of a fact there is a lot of couple pairings in the series, so it isn't like the MC is the focus of all the female attention. far from it.

Last edited by Instinctz on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Instinctz wrote:

spoiler[the harem stuff is largely sidestepped. honestly the main character has at best 3 girls interested in him romantically, 1 of them is his sister, who he feels nothing but brotherly love for, another he told the truth of the matter, and she is looking to move on, and 1 of them is in question.]

as a matter of a fact there is a lot of couple pairings in the series, so it isn't like the MC is the focus of all the female attention. far from it.

Errr someone at previous page have said he really really doesn't like spoiler so... Anyway, that's why I said it as 'tendencies' and 'not the reason people reading'. spoiler[I thought romance that counts more than 3 people (if it's 3 then it's triangle love right?), and only one who becomes the love interest, is counted as harem? or is it that if there are side pairings it doesn't count as harem? And btw ain't it 4 if you counted the "fallen" one that chose another man Wink ]
Instinctz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
gilg4mesh wrote:
Instinctz wrote:

spoiler[the harem stuff is largely sidestepped. honestly the main character has at best 3 girls interested in him romantically, 1 of them is his sister, who he feels nothing but brotherly love for, another he told the truth of the matter, and she is looking to move on, and 1 of them is in question.]

Errr someone at previous page have said he really really doesn't like spoiler so... Anyway, that's why I said it as 'tendencies' and 'not the reason people reading'. spoiler[I thought romance that counts more than 3 people (if it's 3 then it's triangle love right?), and only one who becomes the love interest, is counted as harem? not sure about the side pairings tho'. And btw ain't it 4 if you counted the "fallen" one that chose another man Wink ]

spoiler[ like i said, he has no romantic interest in any of them. honoka he told he doesn't have any romantic feelings, and she said she's going to find someone else, his sister, well, we don't know if she's just unnaturally attached to him or actually seeking a relationship. and mayumi we do not know. we know she likes to tease him, but seeking a relationship? its unknown. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2