• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How much does your love for a character influence your efforts to find H of them?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
As for art adherence, of course if I like the original art I'd like for the doujin to follow it's style, and I'd never like it to stray so far that the character was no longer obvious. But there are cases where I do like some redesigns. Nekomamire for example is pretty well known for doing ultra badass versions of Nanoha characters. I don't like his H style and his actual art style isn't so much for me, but I do totally respect the badassedness of them.

Enh, I tend to prefer that doujin artists stick at least relatively close to the original character designs in instances where I know the characters from source material. Some room for interpretation is allowable, but I hate dramatic redesigns and/or "enhancements." (S&W doujins are common offenders on this, which is another reason I typically stay away from those.)

And yeah, I've heard that T&B doujinshi is a hotbed for yaoi. Too bad; I'd love to find a doujin of Tiger with Blue Rose, especially out-of-costume.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
So far as art adherence goes, I follow one simple guideline: If it takes me more than a second to realise who the character is supposed to be, you're doing it wrong.

Key wrote:
And yeah, I've heard that T&B doujinshi is a hotbed for yaoi. Too bad; I'd love to find a doujin of Tiger with Blue Rose, especially out-of-costume.

*Does a quick search* Here we go. I see two doujinshi that fit your criteria by a circle named Kisoutengai. Both are vanilla and look quite nice.
Ambehr79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Emotional attachment is a must!!! X3 Consciously I try to avoid any doujin-searching until I form an emotional attachment with that character who is most likely in love with another character. As for solo-POV in interacting with that character. . . ehhh, not my kind of thing.

As for getting to know characters specifically through doujin, prime example of this would be Fate and Nanoha. Since there are all sorts varying from really pervy to soft kisses, working my way up and through the levels of different artist's portrayals weren't that hard of a chore.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
For me, I'm not interested unless it's official, so dojins are out, but CG sets from things whose source was H games is definitely in.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Hahahahaha......(wry laughter*

My favorite character is so underrated to begin with; if I find ANYTHING that has to do with him, H or no H, I will jump on it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
What character would that be? I might be able to hook you up with something.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/takuto-kira

I am delighted by your kindness....but it's impossible, I swear. Anime hyper

(good thing I can draw him well hurhurhurhur)
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Yup, there's your problem. Shoujo manga character. Those never get any hentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3