Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Spring 2014-The List


Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
#811484



Joined: 26 Mar 2014
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
The image next to the "A black-haired boy with black eyes." Is a BLUE haired boy with GREEN eyes.

and

The image of the "A beautiful black-haired girl with black eyes." is GREEN haired and BLUE eyed...

Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 3779

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
this, Sakura Trick got around 2.4k with it's first volume (I'll be adding that to the list then...)
*Sigh*.... I knew this would happen. At least I showed my support, but unless this series moves a lot of CDs and manga, I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing too much more of its like anytime soon.


Mad

I have more to say, but I'm waiting for ANN to post that usual BD/DVD rankings so we can have a proper thread about it (which by the way, weren't they supposed to post that few days ago?).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 694
Location: Europa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Polycell wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
this, Sakura Trick got around 2.4k with it's first volume (I'll be adding that to the list then...)
*Sigh*.... I knew this would happen. At least I showed my support, but unless this series moves a lot of CDs and manga, I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing too much more of its like anytime soon.


Mad

I have more to say, but I'm waiting for ANN to post that usual BD/DVD rankings so we can have a proper thread about it (which by the way, weren't they supposed to post that few days ago?).

Yes, the same thing happend 2 weeks ago.


I have no idea why they are being so slow with it, oh well, other sites do post it, so its not really a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
L'Imperatore



Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize? Shocked

And what exactly does this mean? Confused
Quote:
More than a few of them want to photosynthesize with Samari, but she doesn't doesn't let it bother her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenebrae



Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize?

Due to certain events in Sidonia's past, they've deliberately altered the crew's genetic code to enable photosynthesis.

Also, Blame! anime when? (No that one doesn't count.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Penguin_Factory



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 654
Location: Ireland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Knights of Sidonia looks interesting, but I read part of the manga and it seemed utterly incomprehensible.

On the other hand, talking bear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Utsuro no Hako



Joined: 18 May 2012
Posts: 328

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
CMIIW, but by reading Knights of Sidonia's characters profile, is it implied that sometime in the future, humanity (or at least, Sidonia's crews) will finally be able to photosynthesize? Shocked


Which makes no sense whatsoever. Humans would need several square meters of skin exposed to intense sunlight at all time just to cover the energy requirements of an inactive lifestyle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
One-Eye



Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The mention of "Gauna" reminds me of Nihei's other work Abara. I wonder if there's supposed to be a connection with Knights of Sidonia or if he was just recycling some old ideas?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 362

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh I remember now, I started reading knight of sidonia and stopped exactly because of the photosynthesizing aspect. In essence, it's just there for fan service, to photosynthesize they all gather in a room, get naked and stand around, it's really dumb and it's only there for fan service.

Aside from that I think the CG work for the mech but not at all for the actual character. Might give it a go of the review come out very good, but otherwise… then again there's yet to be much that grabbed my attention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rheiders



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 1007
Location: Colorful Colorado :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I find the Knights of Sidonia manga interesting, so I'm going to give the anime a shot. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that questionable CG, though. Maybe it'll look better in the show...? (Not likely.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 896

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I find the Knights of Sidonia manga interesting, so I'm going to give the anime a shot. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that questionable CG, though. Maybe it'll look better in the show...? (Not likely.)

Can't look any worse than RWBY did; ugh, was RWBY painful to look at.
I really enjoy the knights of sidonia manga so I too will be checking this out. Is it going to be exclusive to netflix? Will we actually be able to watch it as it airs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thekingsdinner



Joined: 25 Sep 2010
Posts: 154
Location: Terheijden, Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Knights of Sidonia actually looks really interesting... but, unfortunately, it suffers from the fact that it's being fully animated with CG.
This is just a personal thing but I can't stand fully animated CG anime. It's painful to watch, really.

If it was just the mechs being CG, I'd be fine with it, but due to that it's FULLY CG, I will skip this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
EastN3



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I liked the simplistic character designs in Knights of Sidonia, but then.......there was the bear. An anthropomorphic bear in a mecha? WTF?

Also, fully animated CG, not something I'm a fan of. I can tolerate it, but toleration and enjoyment are totally different things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 694
Location: Europa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
I liked the simplistic character designs in Knights of Sidonia, but then.......there was the bear. An anthropomorphic bear in a mecha? WTF?

Also, fully animated CG, not something I'm a fan of. I can tolerate it, but toleration and enjoyment are totally different things.

I acteally checked out the preview for that show after reading your post.



An anthropomorphic bear voiced by Satomi Arai? By the gods, that sounds amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Animehermit



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 914
Location: The Argama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Knights of Sidonia looks interesting, but I read part of the manga and it seemed utterly incomprehensible.

On the other hand, talking bear.


Most of Nihei's work is like that. He's a really good visual storyteller, and isn't keen on using dialog to explain everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group