• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime North Cosplayers Inquiry

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

With Anime North approaching this May, I am looking for a local Toronto cosplayer to be the subject of a feature story I am planning on writing for the Toronto Observer.

Basic criteria would be the obvious of attending this coming Anime North, are working on a cosplay for the convention and have previously done cosplays at previous Anime Norths or other conventions.

For any respondents you can e-mail me at my old MSN email listed on this site or private message me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
If you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in the story idea?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote
The general idea of the story stems from a lack of knowledge on my part of the process a cosplayer goes through in the lead up to a convention. I follow a bunch of cosplayers through social media and though they post updates on their accounts it's really all just images with minor notes on the progress before finally posting the finished product.

As a result I wanted to do a story that highlights the development process from the character selection to looking up materials and then fabricating all the pieces to get to the finished cosplay. Since I am doing it for a local online publication, in the form of The Toronto Observer, I need to go local and with Anime North coming up I thought I'd try to search out for one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, best of luck with finding someone! Anime exclamation
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
@ IchigoK90 - cool idea. I'll be going to Anime North, but not as a cosplayer, I'm afraid. Nor do I know anyone personally who will. If you don't get any luck through this thread, you might one to contact the AN organizers to give your email address and they might know someone willing to contact you at it. Best of luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1