• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Acquires Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, I did like this show as popcorn entertainment, but I never got why it was only 10 episodes, not even getting a full 12 or 13... I might get it if it's dubbed or something but it's nice to see it get licensed for those who are positive they want to buy it.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Good show with some interesting characters, and I really liked their different "abilities", although Izayoi is just on another level.

Can't say i'll be getting it though, as i'm sure this'll get the standard "RUSH RUSH, WE NEED TO RELEASE THIS, ALONG WITH OUR OTHER 20 TITLES THIS SEASON ASAP, $$$$$$$"- treatment that Sentai promotes.

Guess i'll just keep my fansubs for this one.

@Thatguy3331 While i've lost the name of the company in charge of this anime being produced, they've been doing 10-ep shows for a while now. It's probably quite a bit cheaper than doing 12-13 eps.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

@Thatguy3331 While i've lost the name of the company in charge of this anime being produced, they've been doing 10-ep shows for a while now. It's probably quite a bit cheaper than doing 12-13 eps.

Apparently it's Diomedea and from what I'm seeing the only other show that has 10 episodes by them is NouCome (damn these long ass names) but everything else seems to at the very least get 12 episodes unless I'm missing something. I guess it just might not have been that much of a priority Confused
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
YES! I loved this one. Looking forward to owning it finally.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Apparently it's Diomedea and from what I'm seeing the only other show that has 10 episodes by them is NouCome (damn these long ass names) but everything else seems to at the very least get 12 episodes unless I'm missing something. I guess it just might not have been that much of a priority Confused

I don't think the animation studio decides how many episodes that are being made, but rather the publisher of the LN. It could be the top dog in the production committee, but i'm pretty sure that's the publisher.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

I don't think the animation studio decides how many episodes that are being made, but rather the publisher of the LN. It could be the top dog in the production committee, but i'm pretty sure that's the publisher.

Yeah, and in this case, it's Kadokawa. The 10-episode thing is very common for a number of the anime adaptations they produce in recent years: Inari Konkon, which just wrapped up today, as well as Blood Lad, Noucome, Prisma Illya, Is This a Zombie of the Dead, Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2, Ebiten, Upotte!!, etc.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING

...Except Sentai is releasing it, but I do not care, I really would like to buy this, I'm gonna hold out though, because I just know this is gonna have some issues in the first run like every damn Sentai relase.

Buy their dvd's releases versions instead. I'm telling you from personal experiencing I have never had any trouble with encoding of sound/video on their DVD releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, there goes any chance of the show getting a competent English dub. Hell it might not even get one at all
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
i like this anime.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn Sentai licensed it back then, but I guess I'm wrong about that.

I'm not sure whether I'd actually buy this series. It was nice and fun, but not all that memorable. Maybe if a season 2 ever happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Considering that I thought at this point this would not come out, I will take any kind of release, although I do prefer blu ray. But unlike the others I prefer Sentai to Funi, don't have to hear any of their brain dead translation choices, and its guaranteed to be released before I die.

This has been a surprisingly good few months, first Nyaruko finally got picked up and now this. And Ben to also finally got picked up as well. If someone picks Strike the Blood and Witch Craft Works then huzzah. I also secretly still hope someone saves Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
that Sissy thing from Index really gets to you, doesn't it
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Thrilled, just thrilled. Can't wait to add this to my collection.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Interesting, I did like this show as popcorn entertainment, but I never got why it was only 10 episodes, not even getting a full 12 or 13... I might get it if it's dubbed or something but it's nice to see it get licensed for those who are positive they want to buy it.

10 eps are like 17% cheaper than 12-13 eps.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Yeah, and in this case, it's Kadokawa. The 10-episode thing is very common for a number of the anime adaptations they produce in recent years: Inari Konkon, which just wrapped up today, as well as Blood Lad, Noucome, Prisma Illya, Is This a Zombie of the Dead, Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2, Ebiten, Upotte!!, etc.

Cheap bastards can't be arsed to pay 2 more episodes. (Wonder what the TV station thinks though? Like, "Dudes, we have 2 more weeks to fill! What if the next guys don't wanna pay for it?! Ya guys keep doing this and shorting us!") Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3