• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking For Sailor Moon S Heart Collection (Pioneer/Geneon)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Other than what zrdb said, I can't think of anything. What I can recommend is patience and persistence. Check those sites regularly. Since you quote the going rate on E-bay, I assume the problem is cost. Things do show up on online sites at low cost, but they rarely last long. Again, the secret is persistence.

You do realize that a few weeks after you get the last one, they will announce the re-mastered Blu-ray version of the series.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Other than what zrdb said, I can't think of anything. What I can recommend is patience and persistence. Check those sites regularly. Since you quote the going rate on E-bay, I assume the problem is cost. Things do show up on online sites at low cost, but they rarely last long. Again, the secret is persistence.

You do realize that a few weeks after you get the last one, they will announce the re-mastered Blu-ray version of the series.

The problem is more quality than cost.

I would like to be able to buy the complete set from one person, so that way I could be more certain the quality of the DVDs were the same.

But what I'm looking for is other forums/communities that allow you to post threads like these which ask for certain anime DVDs to buy.

Any suggestions?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling all of sailor moon will most likely be re-released on blu-ray
personally I think you are wasting your time and money

anyway, u can try the dannychoo site figure.fm or something maybe or try hobby fanatics, animesuki or animesharing are some other forums people use though I don't frequent any of them. I like tumblr, let's start tumbling!
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I have a feeling all of sailor moon will most likely be re-released on blu-ray
personally I think you are wasting your time and money

anyway, u can try the dannychoo site figure.fm or something maybe or try hobby fanatics, [this is a bittorrent site] or animesharing are some other forums people use though I don't frequent any of them. I like tumblr, let's start tumbling!

I agree a re-release is in evident, but what I'm not so sure about is a re-release of the CWi English Dub. Which is why I want to get my hands on these DVDs.

I would rather not resort to torrents or bootlegs.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I would rather not buy the versions with the red "Signature Series" on the cover.
I think the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" applies to situations like this with highly rare, out-of-print discs of an in-demand series.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Quote:
I would rather not buy the versions with the red "Signature Series" on the cover.
I think the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" applies to situations like this with highly rare, out-of-print discs of an in-demand series.

Which is why I said "rather" than "have to".
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
I've got Galaxy Angel Rune 4 Smile Haruka 3 was harder to find.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to update you guys and let you know I was able to purchase all the Heart Collection DVDs one a single eBay listing (And not a single one of those God awful "Signature Series"). Thanks for everyone's help!

I'll make a thread showing off my S and SuperS DVDs once they come in! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2