• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime with Strong Female Leads/Co-Leads?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
And from the previous group, who is that above Mai Tokiha?

That is Meg from Burst Angel.

EDIT: In that same group who are the two in the middle of the second row, between Akane Tendo and Birdy?

EDIT2: I am still not clear on the concept of seconds, but I will support The Gokusen and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, all of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure she qualifies as a "co-lead," but I'll suggest Nina Fortner of Monster. There are a number of occasions where she demonstrates courage and determination, especially in the sequence where she seeks out "The Baby" spoiler[in hopes of killing her brother] and later when she visits her childhood home with Dieter spoiler[and confronts the horrid reality of her young life].
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
EDIT: In that same group who are the two in the middle of the second row, between Akane Tendo and Birdy?

That's Kuro from Kurokami The Animation and Yukina from Strike the Blood.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Man, so many pictures. Who is that above Mika Seido?...

Chizuko "Chiko" Mikamo from Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief, nominated by Melanchthon here.

Quote:
...And from the previous group, who is that above Mai Tokiha?...

This.

Touma wrote:
That is Meg from Burst Angel...

Touma then wrote:
...EDIT: In that same group who are the two in the middle of the second row, between Akane Tendo and Birdy?...

This.

Ignatz wrote:
That's Kuro from Kurokami The Animation and Yukina from Strike the Blood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Chizuko "Chiko" Mikamo from Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief

That translation of the title "Nijuu Mensou no Musume" always makes me laugh. What did Fuji think was so bad about the literal translation "Daughter of Twenty Faces?" Sure Japanese people already knew the Twenty Faces character from Edogawa's novels (Nijuu Mensou is sometimes compared to Moriarty in the Holmes stories), but is that a reason to use "Phantom Thief" in the English? Not to mention that, while Chizuko is an heiress, she's not his heir, nor even his own daughter.

Considering that there is no official English version of this title, and none anywhere on the horizon that I can see, I find the name switch even more puzzling.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I think that I've come up with an acceptable syntax format for the list; but before I get too far into reformatting the list, I'd appreciate it if people would weigh in with their own opinions. Please let me know what you think! Embarassed

As of this writing, I've gotten down to letter "C" (for the purpose of formatting the syntax -- for the purpose of entering everyone's nominations and seconds/endorsements, I'm still working on errinundra's 1st entry).
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Okay, I think that I've come up with an acceptable syntax format for the list; but before I get too far into reformatting the list, I'd appreciate it if people would weigh in with their own opinions. Please let me know what you think!

I think that the list format works well for what you are doing. I see no problems with it.

I am still not sure where you are going with the seconds, but that is different from the formatting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
^
The user who first nominates will be the first person listed; I'm thinking of listing the seconds/endorsements in the order that they occurred, rather than in alphabetical order.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Shorten the amount of ///s. They're stretching out the post.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
^
Done. How does it look?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I dunno if it's because you haven't done them all yet, but some are still too long. The amount you have next to C is good.

Though really I don't think you need them at all. The big letters divide things well enough on their own.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
^
True enough; but in the editing screen I need a clearly visible/highlighted line so that I can easily see where I'm at in the post. That is my reason for putting out those dividing lines between series that have multiple seasons/OVAs.

EDIT: OK, so how does it look now?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather it be to a point where the scroll bar doesn't appear at the bottom of the post. But I guess it's not really causing problems so whatever.

Do put spaces above and below each letter, though. To separate them from the titles.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
^
I tell you, I'm not seeing a scroll bar -- and I'm using a netbook. I will, however, separate the lines out as you request.

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Hm, well it looks like this for me:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 12