• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life
Themes: harem, school

Plot Summary:
Quote:
Hatate Sota is a high school boy, who has an ability to visualize "flags" for future events such as "death flag," "friendship flag," and "romance flag." Despite the flag-viewing ability, he avoids making friends with others due to a trauma he experienced in a ship submergence accident. Four beautiful girls get interested in his strange way of living, and they begin to live with him at the school dorm by force.

Episode 1
First 15 minute are up now. Kinda what I had expected with the animation quality and characters so far. I guess they will introduce some of the others later. That cliffhanger though...ouch. I assume the remaining 7 minutes will reveal with happened with Akane there.

Oh well, at least it has the right set up so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Full episode is out now btw. We do find out what happens after that spoiler[big cliffhanger. I should of seen that kiss coming from a mile a way tbh.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Life must be hard when you are stuck in a roll of cliché anime/game scenarios, which is not an insult at the series but the actual plot. At first I was just awkwardly laughing at such facts as tsundere loli type, random cliché classmates and even the most cliché protaganist's male friend line. But I guess it was kind of tearing into it a bit. Seems that this is going to be this season's Noucome, although when that was on I considered it the new Date A Live, which is still coming.

Guessing he will have to choose the harem flag so he does not die or something, maybe choose the right. Please let there be a yandere flag at some point.

So guessing it god or something screwing with him. Wonder if we will get some erabe.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
Do light novels have pictures? Do stuff like this sell well enough in Japan to warrant an anime adaption with their story alone. Do these spawn doujinshi or figures (before the anime)? Or is it just that Japanese really, really like harem romantic-comedies?
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
It's the latter. Most of these harem series are freaking stupid and are nothing but can service. Every now and then a decent one is made--The World God Only Knows, Haganai, Is This a Zombie?, Index, Nisekoi, Log Horizon, just to name a few--but mainly they're garbage when it comes to the plot. They are made, though, because wood-material sells :p

I haven't checked this one out though, so I'll post my thoughts about it later
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I might want to say that from what I've read this series gets...nuts, for lack of a better term. Like, Samurai Flamenco levels of "holy shit what the hell is going on".

That's the main reason I'm going to keep watching this.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'd say that it's pretty safe to expect this to be a 1 cour show. So will the adaption get that far? NouCome was sometimes funny, but when it wasn't funny it was crap. I'm not the kind of person to bash a show before it has even started, I hate that kind of thing, but my past experiences cause me to put safe barriers. That's sort of why I end up watching these shows. I just turn my brain off and watch these like a corpse when I'm bored and have nothing else to do.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
this is better than I thought it would be. I'll keep watching
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Ep 2

I can't tell if this is your atypical harem or if this is making fun of harem tropes. It is most likely the later since the episode pretty much shoved a lot of tropes all in one sitting. Anyway I liked it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
So many flags....and a little mystery there too. I might skip the OP song though. Not my cup of tea this season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

This is both being a harem and making fun of one at the same time to good effect. Great that Kana Asumi is in it, I was just saying on another series that she is an automatic plus, and her overbearing part in the harem will probably remind some of a certain role. His harems looks full of crazily over the top examples, and I am trying to understand who has what role, looks like he has 8 members.

A spoiler[trap], everything is better with spoiler[traps], a hilariously over the top one at that, but there has to be a chance it is a fake. Are we sure those were friendship flags, because spoiler[they had love hearts on them, the decision to look manly by peeping made him] even funnier.

And based on the preview, yes there will be a spoiler[yandere flag]. I am liking how people seem to misread his reactions.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
That Haganai parody.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

At least we know this show is definitely not taking itself seriously, what with the arrival of spoiler[a robot] and an incredibly cliche plot taken right out of Haganai. They are really playing with the tropes in going overboard that it is actually funny, as was the parts with the president who seems to cause an increasing amount of problems.

We know most of the gags already involving spoiler[robot] characters, but I think they actually managed to make spoiler[it/her] funny, well they di manage to already do it with the trap character. Feels like they know the right level of things to do with their level of self awareness.

I am so envi...... I mean interested in what happens next.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Wow, this show isn't getting much chit-chat action, is it? I watched the first eppie and then dropped it once I found out that NISA had picked it up, because I assumed I'd be getting the release. However, I have recently ditched my, "I will automatically buy a copy of every Premium Edition title that NISA puts out" policy. Therefore, I resumed watching and am now caught up to episode 4.

I like it. Heck, I may end up buying the damn thing anyway even though I plan to watch it to the end. I am becoming picker about harem comedies in my old age, but this one is passing muster for me. I like the gals and even the MC isn't too hard to take even if he can be a bit mopey at times (a mopiness that is somewhat understandable considering he spoiler[has a death flag]).
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this, and at how this nonsense mystery gets my interest way more than the more serious ones running in other shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3