• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

..... Well it feels like that plot came out of almost nowhere. To enjoy this show you just have to role with it. It does kind of give an explanation to the spoiler[Souta and Nanami] relationship, they are actually brother and sister which explains why their relationship has not exactly been fall in love sort of thing. My spoiler[sister is Among Them].

From what I understand there was a spoiler[powerful computer that looked like it was going to turn, so Nanami went in and Souta followed her and inside the shadow organisation planning to control the computer found out his potential]. The shadow organisation spoiler[split Nanami into two sides to prevent her from interfering, and then they put Souta through simulation worlds to unleash his power]. Now the shadow organisation spoiler[plan to sacrifice Souta to keep the admin programs from rebelling more, akin to the fairy tale that is their ancestors, but Nanami does not like that end and wants to create a happy ending]. What not entirely clear is how spoiler[artificial the friends are, like if they are real people, just programs created to test, or maybe something created by Nanami based off the fairy tale].

The beginning action was kind of cool, so maybe there could suddenly be something exciting. But the information goes so quickly it is hard to follow, spoiler[well up to now could be explained as just part of the simulation]. Also Megumu spoiler[claiming to be the only men while I assume in a very pretty dress].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
wow, uh, someone really likes the matrix and mmorpgs
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

The plot is confusing, but the show has its heart in the right place. By the end of it he was spoiler[helped by everyone and defeated the bad guys], the masked girl spoiler[was the original princess who we can assume to be Souta and Nanami's ancestor]. And now he is spoiler[back in the real world where none of the relationships he made mattered], but he made some spoiler[progress with Akane, love interest]. I wonder how the characters spoiler[differ, like Ruri would be a normal girl].

I liked what this series was doing in kind of pulling apart the harem genre by not exactly being full parody of it, but their execution of the story was pretty bad, which means I rate it down to Decent. If there was proper time for each character to get the needed attention to story and for story to be done at a consistent rate, this could have been really good, for some reason my mind is going to Shuffle! which had 24 episodes. There were just so many characters, with such a plot they planned with a huge twist it was a little hard to care about the characters too deeply. Although Megumu was great, I like a good trap and he was indeed fun. Overall I had a positive experience, but I can see how other might have little interest.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
There was nothing good about this series, and I loved it. If you were to ask me "what did it do well," all I could do would be give you a blank stare. People are way too attached to stories that make some sense.
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Kinda confused by this one. It doesn't do anything particularly good and is really just an oversized harem show, but it was kinda enjoyable. I think it was that it seemed to have an actual plot alongside all the romcom elements.

But them the plot showed itself fully towards the end and I'm still not entirely sure what it actually was. Throughout the show it was just sorta there, happening, in the background as a kinda mystery that would reveal itself at the end, but the result was really convoluted to me. I suspect my watching it when I was tired contributed to it, but even so, it kinda spoiled the show for me in the end. i feel like a lame/bad ending would have been better than a confusing one.

Overall though, still a good show, maybe not for a full purchase but a once through wasn't wasted time by any means.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
OVA

"Please be gentle." Laughing

The OVA seemed to be set during the series when we don't know that everything is crazy/fake or whatever it was. Which may be better as this series always worked best when it grabbed harem clichés and sees how far it can push it. The most affective for me being the trap gags.

Almost made a mistake at the end, what with spoiler[almost kissing his sister, Nanami].

Now that I think about it, I have been feeling especially lukewarm over that Shepard librarian show because it is pretty much just a lesser version of this show that knew it was making fun.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I was hoping to see a live spoiler[Santa] for the OVA. Cute episode though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3