• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 Lyrical Nanoha TV Anime Get Their 1st Blu-rays

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
neonie wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

How many series have actually undergone non-destructive (as in redoing the animation and adding new footage, not stretching/cropping/squishing) 4:3 -> 16:9 changes as part of a Blu-Ray release? Dragon Ball Kai and... what else? .

What you guys are forgetting though that is that's taken Seven Arcs nearly seven years to do this, and Nanoha and Dog Days are quite literally their only products. (No seriously, they've hardly produced anything else aside from a handful of one-offs here and there.)

This is not an anime studio that is coming in and throwing out a Blu-Ray release for one of it's many many anime adaptions. This is Seven Arcs putting out a Blu-Ray release for it's primary and damn near single IP product.
FYI, King Records is publishing these boxes and they also published the movie BDs. Since they are also in charge as the Selling Company, they recoup the funds of these products, not the animation studio. We do not know the exact details of the committee, but Seven Arcs was not the company holding back on these boxes; King Records was.

For those interested, King is adopting the same upscaling tech that they used for the Toradora BD-Box, which looks really good for an upscale. Nanoha fans should be pleased with the results.
neonie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
neonie wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

How many series have actually undergone non-destructive (as in redoing the animation and adding new footage, not stretching/cropping/squishing) 4:3 -> 16:9 changes as part of a Blu-Ray release? Dragon Ball Kai and... what else? .

What you guys are forgetting though that is that's taken Seven Arcs nearly seven years to do this, and Nanoha and Dog Days are quite literally their only products. (No seriously, they've hardly produced anything else aside from a handful of one-offs here and there.)

This is not an anime studio that is coming in and throwing out a Blu-Ray release for one of it's many many anime adaptions. This is Seven Arcs putting out a Blu-Ray release for it's primary and damn near single IP product.
FYI, King Records is publishing these boxes and they also published the movie BDs. Since they are also in charge as the Selling Company, they recoup the funds of these products, not the animation studio. We do not know the exact details of the committee, but Seven Arcs was not the company holding back on these boxes; King Records was.

For those interested, King is adopting the same upscaling tech that they used for the Toradora BD-Box, which looks really good for an upscale. Nanoha fans should be pleased with the results.

Huh, did not know that. Very interesting indeed then.

I do look forward to seeing the result of what happens here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
This is the Sony PCL article on their ""Real Scaling for HD" tech used for Toradora

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20111015111518/http://sonypcl.jp/press/press11/p_110808.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bhl88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
*please delete*

Last edited by bhl88 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Someone asked that in the first few posts of this thread. Their name was "bhl88", and they managed to ask it without a huge and irrelevant block of quotes. It has also already been answered, to the extent of the information currently available:

Mikeski wrote:
They just appeared for preorder on CDJapan's site. Currently listed as "no subtitles." I hope that changes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bhl88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Someone asked that in the first few posts of this thread. Their name was "bhl88", and they managed to ask it without a huge and irrelevant block of quotes. It has also already been answered, to the extent of the information currently available:

*edited the post* Sorry about that

Usually, when they list the information out there, with the exception of the image, is it usually a final posting?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3