• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Inari Kon Kon Episodes 1-10 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Janitor Tzap wrote:
I enjoyed this show too.

But I'm somewhat confused by the last episode.
spoiler[When Inari returns Uka's powers, she no longer can see Uka.
But in the first episode, Inari sees and saves the little fox.
Which later has Inari going to see Uka at the shrine.
There is also Touka.
He has been able to see Uka for many years.
Thus, even without Uka's powers, Inari should still be able to see her.]

Well...
spoiler[Her ability to see and hear Kon was an anomaly to begin with. Even Uka-sama didn't really understand that, but guessed that it had to do with her affinity to the shrine. Touka has always been able to see her because he has high spiritual power (and chuunibyo! What a great combination!), but even he cannot see Kon. Inari didn't used to be able to see Uka and I took it that her being able to see her when Uka was granting a wish for her was "special dispensation" because she was being given favor, but if she hadn't been imbued with divine power, she would have stopped seeing her right afterward.]
At least that's how I figured it.

I hope they make another season eventually!
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
The only disappointment is that the ending is not completely satisfying to me, but it's hard to help it in this situation, where the average anime adaptation is just an ad for the original source material and always highly unlikely to do well enough to support a continuation.

I liked the premise and characters well enough to go on Amazon.jp after the anime's debut and buy the Amazon Limited Edition set of volumes 1-6. The anime did its job!

Since I read the manga up to volume 6 before the finale, let me just say that the ending of the anime is inferior to that actual arc in the manga. I think they could have made a conclusive ending with the arc's actual material without making one up. The anime's ending kind of just spoiler[wrote Touka out! Even though he's Uka-sama's love interest! In the manga, the arc ends with Inari accepting normal life and not being able to see Uka-sama, but Touka is able to and there are hints of their romance growing. Touka is able to convey messages to Inari from Uka-sama. I can think of a few other ways that could have ended the anime more smoothly.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2