• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Day Four

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote

Flight of Dragons! Flight of Dragons!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
That red tabby and white in the page banner? That's definitely my cat and I want him back. It's especially disturbing considering he died of old age years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I was thinking, isn't Poteko female? It looks female and the name ends with 'ko'.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
A family member just adopted a bunny who looks a lot like Pateko. He is a great little guy. Loves to be petted. So much that he will nibble on you if you stop petting him before he is ready. He loves to explore and is already besties with the cat. They snuggle together and it is cute beyond belief.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Hey, I was thinking, isn't Poteko female? It looks female and the name ends with 'ko'.

If it's this "ko": 子. (None of the names on the cages in the photos seemed to be "poteko", so I'm not sure.) And I don't think that's as strong a signal for an animal as for a human. Words for "baby animal" are "子" before the animal's name: ko-neko for kitten, ko-inu for puppy, etc.

The most famous (male) dog in Japan was named Hachiko (well, Hachikou: ハチ公), after all.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Good point. Still, it looks female. Males usually have a wider head and having a bit of extra skin under the chin is typical for female rabbits.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
WHY CAN'T AMERICA HAVE BUNNY AND KITTY CAFES?!?!? ME WAAAAANTS!!!

...Got that out.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
Nakano Broadway is ideal for fans of older shows. Akiba tends to focus on the most recent shows with the exception of the Mandarake store and the consignment shop for collectables. The Shubuya Mandarake shop is also very good.

Besides Nakano is Steve Bennett's old turf, he lived in that area as a kid. He gave me and friends a tour many years ago as we found ourselves in Tokyo at the same time. One of the bits of fun was walking into a stationary store he had not been in for years and having the owner cry out "YOU".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2