• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) irregular at magic high school (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Well that was awesome. Tatsuya catching bullets, slicing and dicing, spoiler[turning that truck into smoke]... I'm kind of surprised that spoiler[they revealed Tatsuya's identity]. I'm sure they could have tried to cover it up or downplay it and get away with it to some extent.

What was that in the end? God mode on? As if he isn't powerful enough already.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Tatsuya catching bullets

He wasn't catching them. spoiler[He was dissintegrating them before they reached his hand.]

Cam0 wrote:
What was that in the end? God mode on?

You say that as if he didn't have God mode on already Laughing

I'm sure it'll be mentioned next episode, but spoiler[this whole time Miyuki has been using 50% of her power to surpress Tatsuya's (because she's preoccupied with that her magic sometimes goes out of control when she gets mad). So Miyuki removed his limiter.]

Needless to say, shit's about to get wrecked.

Also I noticed this arc has lost all interest in explaining how spells work. It was okay with Mari's techniques since you can see what it does by looking at it, but Azusa's magic definitely needed some explanation.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
He wasn't catching them. spoiler[He was dissintegrating them before they reached his hand.]

Well I know, it's just more cool to think that he was catching them like a magician. Pun intended.

Anyway that's what it seemed like he wanted the assailants to believe since he clenching his fist as if he crushed the bullets to dust.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
So she sprinkles fairy dust on the crowd and they all think happy thoughts? Seems pointless since they can already fly. Wink

That was fun. I laughed at the guy suddenly missing his truck. I don't even care anymore if none of this makes sense. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Well I know, it's just more cool to think that he was catching them like a magician. Pun intended.

Anyway that's what it seemed like he wanted the assailants to believe since he clenching his fist as if he crushed the bullets to dust.

Yeah, he was putting on a show for the same reason he was fine with George misunderstanding his magic. Everything about Tatsuya is a military secret, after all.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
So she sprinkles fairy dust on the crowd and they all think happy thoughts? Seems pointless since they can already fly. Wink

Hehe. Well, spoiler[it was a type of mind control magic. Normally using it would be illegal outside of a research setting, which is why Mayumi said she'd take responsibility.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
The latest episode was violent huh? But then we get a spoiler[kiss on the forehead by Miyuki.]

Oniisama needed that energy boost.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Damn. #OneTrueGod is going to become even more stronger? I can't wait for next week's episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:20 am Reply with quote
Mr awesome became Mr scary and dangerous.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
If Tatsuya is so godlike/awesome how come he still wears that stiff longcoat uniform with the ridiculous collar? Like going around with a cereal box folded around your head.

I rather hoped that the awesome gang would let the 3rd High guys in on the action but it looks like they're too small minded for that.

Why doesn't Tatsuya just destroy all the enemies himself? Based on what he has shown so far I don't see much that would stand in his way.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
ok, this show has my full attention again. Was not expecting gratuitous spoiler[dismemberment], but that just makes things more fun. However, now that the restraints are off, are the items Papa Chiba is sending his kids even relevant anymore?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
This show should have a 2nd season. I want to see more of God in action.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote
As I understand it, they would actually have enough content for a 2nd season. I have no idea how well this is doing in Japan but there seems to be quite a lot of Mahouka stuff (few mangas, anime, games) so I assume that the novels are quite popular. We might actually have a chance of getting a sequel.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
Well last year it was the 3rd best selling light novel series behind SAO and Kagerou Days. This season covered volumes 1-7 (skipping 5), and volume 14 just recently came out, so there's enough content to work with. Don't know how well disc sales are doing, though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote
Vol 1 has sold 12,436, and Vol 2 is up to 12,449
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote
So is that good or bad?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 33