• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Bullet (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Finally, some action managed to appear.
Satomi just went from almost zero to hero.
His job just got a whole lot harder.
Midori, why?! Such a shame..
It's interesting the masked man decided to switch sides.
I'm kinda skeptical of his true intentions.
Strategizing part was interesting.
I'm expecting a lot more fighting in the final episode..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Oh poor spoiler[Midori...
Cursed Children really brings out the word curse in them, huh? Next week's the finale and looks like they will go with a final fight or something.]

Wait, did I just see spoiler[Kagetane save Rentaro again? Holy.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Unexpectedly, I have suddenly come to kind of like the monster designs.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

When spoiler[Midori said she needed to go to the bathroom, I automatically translated it in my head that she was going to kill herself], but it was a strong scene. Yes a lot of characters have died, and seeing young die can feel pretty hard for me, but it has not felt too heavy handed, it felt well done. The transition in realising that spoiler[where they were planning their offensive] took me a little by surprise I think in getting some emotions.

Have to admit I feel a little pissed at that commander pretty much blaming Rentaro for his son's death, sending him on a suicide mission, spoiler[and then getting himself killed so Rentaro has to pick up the pieces]. I do wonder about the merit in the comments about Rentaro spoiler[having to play the bad guy, and that the commander's plan was bad]. I guess if the plan really was just putting the groups into defensive positions like some sort of wall, then that is pretty bad it seemed like spoiler[targeting the boss and blowing it up] was the way to go.

Probably in the minority but I like mask dude.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Yet another anime that is rushing the hell out of it's last few episodes. So many conflicts unrealistically solved within a matter of minutes. Rentaro's strategy to spoiler[make people fear him was really stupid. He just straight up STABBED a guy! Yet he was surprised when he was almost shot........yeah good plan there dude. Make the people turn on you by being a dickhead leader.] Sounds great!
/sarcasm

And of course Kagetane gets immediately redeemed cause you know all that stuff he did before was justified because he wasn't looking to start any fights! He was only protecting himself! Sounds like a similar Naruto villain. And spoiler[we still haven't gotten an explanation on exactly why he's helping now other than him just being a lazily used plot device.]

I hope they can wrap this show gracefully because the pacing has really ruined this episode and of course we had spoiler[another pointless loli death that wasn't even properly shown. They just said "some bad stuff happened so now she's going to die". Cue the sappy music and tragic suicide!] Yet another cheap attempt to emotionally enrage the viewer.

Kisara: "Even if the whole world turns against you I......"

(throws up in a barf bag) Yep someone ordered a little to much cheese on that one Confused

Bleh........ >.O
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Yet another anime that is rushing the hell out of it's last few episodes.

To be fair, all the episodes have been like that to some extent.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote
How does Yasuwaki still have a job? better yet, who hired the guy? are there no psych evaluations in future Tokyo when applying to protect the highest ranking government official?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
How does Yasuwaki still have a job? better yet, who hired the guy? are there no psych evaluations in future Tokyo when applying to protect the highest ranking government official?

For some reason all other applicants went missing. It is a joke, but you know what I mean.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13/Finale:

Eh, the action wasn't bad and spoiler[Shoma made quite the highlight there with his sacrifice. But still, I wasn't impressed by this finale. Seems like they squeezed in Kisara's moment] and her ambitions in the final moments. In other words, it was rushed. Anyways, I have to rate this weak. The plot just feels out of place and pacing is awkward imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, felt like there wasn't a fitting enough final boss fight. Still, can't say that spoiler[Kisara's brother] didn't deserve that.

I liked the show well enough, thought it does make an easy example for the common issues light novel adaptations have. At least it gave us a nice cast of lolis!

I'll probably read the light novels when more gets translated.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Those floating candles were representing hope.]
Things got intense fast.
It's a shame this anime didn't have more Gastrea fights.
These ones were just awesome!
spoiler[Rentaro] was trying to play hero again... and failing.
He just has to accept the fact that he can't do things on his own.
Also, every war has its casualties..
The spoiler[duel] sure was a nice bonus. Didn't expect to see that.
Great final episode!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, it wrapped things up pretty decently aside from the fact that spoiler[Kisara just became a brutal murderer, even if that a**hole had it coming, and that sort of complicates what seemed to be Rentaro and Kisara's budding romantic relationship because he's not at all okay with it, and she basically says that she intends to kill the others involved in the plot too. Oh, and the Earth is still filled with hordes of giant bugs too.] Confused

At least it seems like they found out spoiler[that the big powerful bugs are the brains and if they kill them first the smaller minions are dumb and easy to kill off with nothing directing them.] Though, that should have been obvious if any of them had ever read a science fiction novel.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
At least it seems like they found out spoiler[that the big powerful bugs are the brains and if they kill them first the smaller minions are dumb and easy to kill off with nothing directing them.] Though, that should have been obvious if any of them had ever read a science fiction novel.

They had figured out the big one was controlling the others with pheromones earlier.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
spoiler[Kisara's brother]
Who? Turns out, some guy I never heard of was in some conflict I knew nothing about, but at last some revenge was taken over an issue that means nothing to me. I definitely want to find out more.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
He was mentioned earlier on when Kisara tried to burn those papers, so it's not like he came out of nowhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12