• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Riddle Story of Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Cursed by the dead, or maybe a ray of hope. I would not say it has got yuri or anything yet, they have just got the setting all up, and are ready for the show to start. Haru spoiler[facing the darkness] with a smile is kind of sweet, and seems to have made Azuma spoiler[quite happy with her choice]. That picture with the sunset is great.

What will happen next, pu pu pu pu.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
You know, I'm actually really enjoying this show thus far. Without a doubt the plot, the whole scenario, everything, is completely contrived. It's totally over the top and makes no sense. But I'd actually venture to say the writing has been pretty solid regardless. They've done an excellent job with the two main characters. Their relationship is quite believable as is Azuma's decision to switch sides thanks large in part to them giving it some time and letting it happen somewhat naturally. Plus, the series is generally well directed and very stylish and moody. It's definitely a lot of fun thus far.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
This episode rose my hopes for the show tenfold with it's execution. First things first. Haru is not useless! Instead of sitting there letting herself be tortured she bids her time waiting for the right moment to escape. She even took down Takechi herself (though Tokaku deserves props for stalling her). Bravo i say. Though she is still helplessly naive i have a feeling that will play an important factor later.

I also really dig the mindgames at work here. Assassins sabotaging each other, tricking the target by asking certain things, and playing with each others emotions (I thought the scene where Tokaku talks to Mahiru's morning self was pretty clever). Though this might turn into a "villain of the week" format as long as there is good overall character development and entertaining tactical wits at play I'll still be tune in each week for sure =).
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Well going by this, probably every one of the assassins will get her chance to kill Haru one time or another. The method though could vary drastically. I mean, in this episode, sspoiler[cissors were involved with some Yuno-like tendencies]. Then again, Haru does have one protector so it's 2 vs. 10 in a way. I wonder if she will survive towards the end though because it's definitely going to be one hell of a ride.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Haru just got painted a bullseye on her back.
Those girls have deadly skills.
Without Azuma, she doesn't stand a change.
On the other hand I felt sorry for Haru.
I seriously doubt she deserved to be the victim here.
Those hints about her past are very intriguing.
It's hard to tell if she was the victim then as well.
Or is she just hiding/repressing her true self... who knows.
Hope she's a more complex character then the one she is now.
spoiler[Takechi took the first turn at Haru.
It was awesome watching Azuma fight her.]

Can't wait to see more!
SnK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Could somebody explain what the point of the riddles is each episode?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
well, riddle is in the title
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

The show is going plenty fine, spoiler[mirroring people's interests and probably gestures can apparently be a good move to manipulate them]. Good that it felt like spoiler[a team effort]. If the riddle was in English I would have guessed a book, but maybe some sort of reflective surface.

I wonder if we will get a different ED each episode, I noticed how this one was themes.... how did I not notice that the last two were also different.
SnK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Yeah I got that, but what's the point of those riddles? What does she get for answering them right or wrong?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
SnK wrote:
getchman wrote:

Yeah I got that, but what's the point of those riddles? What does she get for answering them right or wrong?

I don't think it is anything of substance, they guy was kind of talking down to she is just kind of trying to show prove him wrong. If anything just ego.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm scissor girl's VA sang ep 3 ED. The first 2 ED were done by Haru and Tokaku. 13 episodes, 13 girls, so I guess 13 end songs. I hope this doesn't become assassin of the week though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I hope this doesn't become assassin of the week though.

Dude, there are (according to MAL) 13 episodes and 11 assassins (less now) - how can it be anything other than assassin of the week?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Hmmm scissor girl's VA sang ep 3 ED. The first 2 ED were done by Haru and Tokaku. 13 episodes, 13 girls, so I guess 13 end songs. I hope this doesn't become assassin of the week though.

How else are they supposed to end the series in just 13 episodes?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I hope this doesn't become assassin of the week though.

Dude, there are (according to MAL) 13 episodes and 11 assassins (less now) - how can it be anything other than assassin of the week?

I think you should note that Hashiri specified that they can attempt assassinations during other peoples turns which means it wouldn't be a bad idea for example for one of them to wait for someones attempt to succeed and then knock them out stealing their reward.

So i highly doubt the show will be that cut and dry about it.....at least i hope.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Seriously, I don't think Haru and Tokaku are going to be safe at all any time at this school. This week, we got spoiler[Kouko]..I think the one that refers herself as spoiler[representative makes who makes her moves. Damn, it also seems like almost none of the girls have a good childhood.]

The OST was decent imo. spoiler[Oh well, she did put up a good effort but two heads are better than one.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8