• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Selector Infected + Spread Wixoss (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
Okay, now I feel like the a-hole. Sorry, DP, I misunderstood your message, although in my defense you can probably see where the confusion comes in.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
Yeah and I could see how my sarcasm might not be properly directed, and how you might react if you thought someone was having a go at you, which you don't like one bit.

I would like to have some idea if the lack of involvement is connected to the decision of the big trendsetter of these light topic shows turned dark. The meat of the mechanics of these fights after all has been glossed over.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Geez DP your messing with everyone around here lately huh? Wink

Episode 10

Gotta love this dark and despairing mood. As the great Kurt Vonnegut said
"Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters,
make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of."

I love it. No one has any answers, No one has any solutions......it's quite honestly a great way to bring out the best in these characters. Even Yuzuki is getting a bit more development ever sincespoiler[she became a card (because she isn't crying about wanting to be with her brother all the time).] Things are headed in the right direction so far.

I'm crossing my fingers that there will be NO deus ex's that will magically fix everything. An ending like that would almost ruin everything the show has going for it right now. I agree with Blood in that Ruko's constant passiveness is quite insufferable so hoping this spoiler[Yugioh tournament] will do something about that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Geez DP your messing with everyone around here lately huh? Wink

I can do more, Key and Chiibi look like easy enough targets.

leatherhead333 wrote:
I'm crossing my fingers that there will be NO deus ex's that will magically fix everything. An ending like that would almost ruin everything the show has going for it right now. I agree with Blood in that Ruko's constant passiveness is quite insufferable so hoping this spoiler[Yugioh tournament] will do something about that.

Hmmm, might need to ask someone. What do you think Mokuba and Grandpa?

That really does not mean anything, I am just trying to draw up the fact you said spoiler[yugioh tournament, and that the entire season 1 of Yugioh was about trying to rescue someone stuck in a card by a tournament].
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Aaaaaaaah, so somebody did engineer this whole thing. Good good, now I have somebody to want to suplex. Sadly it doesn't look like that's even going to be an option for our heroines.

I wonder how the shrimp from a few eps back is holding up.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I think anyone watching this show should realize that it's not really about who wins or loses but to fulfill their desires through what they believe in by now. And as for the battle tactics, it is very deconstructive compared to the actual game with minimal amount of strategies explained...so far.

At any rate, episode 11 was an okay set up. spoiler[I'm curious to see who wins although I think it will likely be Ruko. For Iona, it will be her grand finale next time so I wonder if she will go out with a bang. Also, how does Akira fit into all this and there was another Selector too with a cameo earlier on? Good thing we have another season to cover that part if the finale doesn't resolve it.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
"The rules of the game and the limitations on the wishes really embody a central aspect of the philosophy we're presenting, which is that, in some ways, we aren't breaking the universe, but merely highlighting challenges that face some young people in an engaging fashion.

Oh, except for that Super Infinite Magic Button over there."
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting how sort of antagonizing Iona's LRIG is, even to it's own selector.

So Iona spoiler[seems perfectly aware of the consequences of an Eternal Girl yet still desires it... Maybe by some odd twist Mayu is her mother, considering her father is the owner of that building... maybe her family owns Wixoss too]

The scene where Tama and Ruko spoiler[ fantasized about being friends IRL was so touching. I noticed her hair was changed to a light brown as well.]

I feel kind of gyped that Hitoe spoiler[gets to be a selector again, sad as her situation was].

I hope we get to see Akira again soon. I especially liked her LRIG and how condescending she appeared to be towards Akira.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Did... Did Tama just have character development?

And happy imagery means things are going to go bad.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Well it has been a long time. I have been watching this show and call me cruel but I have been enjoying the girls' suffering as they discover more and more about WIXOSS.

spoiler[As much as I love the wincest in this show, I feel like it has taken too much of the show. And I know that this show is two cour split but I wish it gave more room for other characters to develop, especially for Akira, Iona, and Chiyori. Nonetheless, I am enjoying the show and I am looking forward for its finale.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's going to be a season 2 for sure to air this Fall. And with that cliffhanger ending, I think there's a lot of stuff that needs to be resolved...

I think I'm rating this show decent actually since some of the second half caught my interest more than I had expected. Yet, the gameplay itself was awfully done in terms of mechanics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Awesome ending to the first season. I'm really intrigued about what will happen now. Lots of twists and turns this episode.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Well damn, that was quite the finale. Fall can't come fast enough.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I'll be seeing ya all in the fall. I rated the the first cours as Good. Very close to being Very Good but I'm marking a bit tougher than I used to. I have to detract marks for having a brocon character because that's just effin' lame. I also took marks away for having a passive MC for too long.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 am Reply with quote
In the end the show did get me interested in the actual game enough to read the rules. Funny that. But I did thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to the next half. spoiler[Iona's wish]... hmmmm... Well, considering the next season preview I have some suspicions.

Other points this ep that came unexpected, spoiler[Hitoe basically brute forced her way past her curse]. So is spoiler[clean-faced Akira] in the next season preview that way spoiler[from make-up, or due to something with Iona's wish?]

Also, spoiler[granny could see the effects of the tournament]. Could everyone, or is she somehow related to all this?

Looking forward to s2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 12