• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Incorrect Romanized Name for Person #123091

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El_Ken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Referencing her own blog post at http://ameblo.jp/wakeupgirls/entry-11601030281.html, 永野愛理 (Eino Airi) states in the second paragraph that her last name is pronounced Eino, not Nagano. The encyclopedia lists her as Airi Nagano and should be corrected.

Thanks!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Link: person#123091

For reference, the relevant part of the blog post:
Quote:
ながのではなく、えいのあいりです(笑
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
There, and I've also corrected all News and Interests articles, with the exception of one press release, as I'm uncertain if it's ethical or appropriate to do so.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
For reference, the relevant part of the blog post:
Quote:
ながのではなく、えいのあいりです(笑

Her page at 81produce has the official romanization just like all other seiyu under the same agency, but 81produce blocks IP addresses outside Japan, making accessing the page a bit troublesome. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
The page is loading fine for me, actually.
For region blocks of pages, I sometimes find running it through Google Cache works

Quote:
永野愛理 Airi Eino
えいのあいり
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
The page is loading fine for me, actually.

Anglosphere is rarely considered as "foreign and necessary to be blocked" by Japanese websites. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

Shiroi Hane wrote:
For region blocks of pages, I sometimes find running it through Google Cache works

That's how I read it, with formatting scrambled and images not displayed. Good thing her basic info was written in pure text instead of embedded on pic or Flash.
El_Ken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1